• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you gentlemen!
The more I look at it the better it look's. I am going to try and get it outside tomorrow for some ground running, maybe test the smoke as well.
If the weather is in your favour go for it don’t wait to long winter weather will not.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, I applied the logo's, not exactly the fit I thought they would be. A couple are to big and to small plus the silver stripes and their black border are not staying put. I like the way it turned out enough that if the maiden goes well I will order some new striping and check into getting the logo's properly sized. Well see.
The two thing's that tickle me the most is that table is empty, I'm ecstatic about that, and my match on the yellow turned out pretty good.
I liiiiiiike it. Quit being a boob and like it too. LOL....Looks really great.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I finally got the Challenger outside, secured it, filled it with fuel, and then commenced to flipping. But not to many as by ten if no pop somethings wrong. Started checking things and the line in the tank was folded over on itself. Now I have fuel coming out the fuel line, hooked it back up, ten flips and no pop. Choke on, full throttle, no pop, but fuel is dripping out the carb. Tried every variant of carb and choke to no avail so I took it back inside figuring I need to go through the carb. When I set it on the table the side of the carb that has the vent still had the rubber cover on it. Now I am really confused, if the cover is on the diaphragm does not work right? So why the fuel dripping out of the carb? Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The only thing that I can think of is when you were flipping with the fuel line plugged the diaphragm pulled all the way down fully opening the control fuel needle. When you fixed the tank and because the carb diaphragm was still plugged when you started flipping the fuel just ran in uncontrolled instantly flooding the engine and never had a chance to kick or start. That is my thought from a long distance away. Just trying to help

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The only thing that I can think of is when you were flipping with the fuel line plugged the diaphragm pulled all the way down fully opening the control fuel needle. When you fixed the tank and because the carb diaphragm was still plugged when you started flipping the fuel just ran in uncontrolled instantly flooding the engine and never had a chance to kick or start. That is my thought from a long distance away. Just trying to help
I thought with that vent being closed the diaphragm did not work, or does it still work just at a much lower volume or pressure.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The one side is connected to the crankcase side and the other to atmosphere and it there is an imbalance it open or close the fuel flow needle.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And it runs, amazing how that little plug just shut it down. Next time out I'll give it a bit of a tuning for first flight. I do have another small issue though, on the exhaust this time. Those little white coupling thingies are leaking, the clamps are pretty tight, how can I stop it?

Attachments

• 84 - Copy.JPG
    84 - Copy.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 258

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
And it runs, amazing how that little plug just shut it down. Next time out I'll give it a bit of a tuning for first flight. I do have another small issue though, on the exhaust this time. Those little white coupling thingies are leaking, the clamps are pretty tight, how can I stop it?
I have had one engine with those Teflon connectors and they leaked all the time. Could not stop it. Some people put some Red RTV on the Teflon connector but I bo not think it works nothing sticks to Teflon. One suggestion not a good one wrap the ends with Teflon tape and then put the clams over it, that’s the only thing I can think off. Keep me posted if you find a solution. What ever you do do not try hose clamps do not work at all

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
100% silicon is the best for high heat so I'll just pull it apart and seal it up with some.

Last edited: