• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Plane Restraint

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We have a concrete pad poured with variable width holes available that are sized for steel construction stakes. The stakes have pool noodles on them for the wings. Walk your plane to the pad, select the proper holes for the stakes and remove them when you are ready.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
My $1 single look nylon tow strap works well. Bought it at a rummage sale sometime ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20150423_103020_705.jpg
    IMG_20150423_103020_705.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 281
I used to fly by myself a lot. I was flying IMAC and felt I HAD to practice even if I was there by myself. Had a good restraint system. Fast forward to today's field, we have a really good starting pad with permanent restraint poles. Well, you know what's coming ... Couple of months ago a very experienced pilot screwed up and put his hand in a 24" prop while using the restraint "properly." Cut off most of three fingers. Here's the kicker : he could have died if he'd been flying alone. No way he could have driven himself to the hospital.

We've all just been lucky most of the time. I know I'm not going to fly by myself any more. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do; just trying to convince myself not to be stupid.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Nylon webbing around the rudder and one stab.
Works like a charm, easy to use and detach, simple.
Just find a pole and tie it and if there isn't any one nail it to the ground.