• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion powerlab 6 & 8

Yeah, I've been working up some presets for my commonly used batteries for field use. I am very impressed with this thing, it's definitely satisfying to the inner geek.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am loving my new PowerLab PL8. I can only get in 3 flights right now in the morning before work and from a balance charge voltage I charged three 6S-3300 in parallel in 9:57. The charger was hovering around 39.7-39.8A charge.

hone

150cc
That's awesome. I've never maxed out my PL6 and i usually charge around 20A. Nothing in my setup gets even slightly warm. How was the PL8 handling being maxed out?

It's great being able to charge multiple packs in such a short time. I've definitely increased how much i can fly since i got my PL6

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
That's awesome. I've never maxed out my PL6 and i usually charge around 20A. Nothing in my setup gets even slightly warm. How was the PL8 handling being maxed out?

It's great being able to charge multiple packs in such a short time. I've definitely increased how much i can fly since i got my PL6

The PL8 fans came on and the air was ever so slightly warm but the unit itself felt like when it started. The PL8 does have two fans however so the 6 might get warmer.

Yup, have fun with it. PL8 is by far the best charger out there. Yeah it's powerful, but more importantly it has twice the features of other chargers. Standard discharging at 10amps!!! Awesome!

Feral

It's pretty cool I had big problems with my last charger not balancing cell 5 in all of my 6s packs and I have 8 of them I accurate charged them then gave them a few cycles and there all back to normal

econpatric

70cc twin V2
It's pretty cool I had big problems with my last charger not balancing cell 5 in all of my 6s packs and I have 8 of them I accurate charged them then gave them a few cycles and there all back to normal

Same here. I have a PL6 and will never look back.... or forward for any other charger. It took some batteries with slightly damaged cells and brought them back to life.