• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion powerlab 6 & 8

joshgluck

100cc
The pl8's are cheap josh it's the power supply needed that kills ya wallet

Oh contrare mon frere.... I have a near limitless supply of decommissioned server power supplies ;-)

Working in IT has its privileges

I've got two 750w dell server power supplies running 24v for my Pl8

Feral

Nice mate the boys in the local oz heli scene mod those things up there always looking for dell's

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Same here. I have a PL6 and will never look back.... or forward for any other charger.

The 6 will top most all chargers out there and you may not look forward but what you like on the 6 is even better/stronger on the 8.
Like the commercial goes, "I could have had a V8" some day you just might say, "I could have had a PL8" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgluck

100cc
I asked in another thread and didn't get a response: can you guys tell me your routine with the Pl chargers? Right now I basically just high power balance charge my packs the night before I'm heading out to fly. I'm sure I should be doing more. What are you guys doing?

I asked in another thread and didn't get a response: can you guys tell me your routine with the Pl chargers? Right now I basically just high power balance charge my packs the night before I'm heading out to fly. I'm sure I should be doing more. What are you guys doing?

I come home from the field and do a storage charge on the batteries I used. Then when I am going to go fly, I do a quick charge on the batteries in the morning before I go out. Being able to charge 3 or 4 batteries at a 3C rate makes for a quick flight prep.