• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rant......Pre assembled fuel tanks.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Don't get me wrong I'm not bad mouthing Ford it's just I got a lemon on the last Ford I bought...I travel all of Arkansas, Northern Louisiana, Eastern Oklahoma and extreme Southern Missouri oh and an occasional trip to Memphis..last year I logged almost 78,000 miles. My wife has been buying Toyota for years and absolutely loves them so I thought I would give them a try and I have to say it's been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned many Fords and Chevy's and there have been some good ones but none of them even come close to this Tundra I currently own. The dealer told me I could get 400 + thousand no problem and I guess he was right.
I've got a 2011 Tundra Crewmax, and love it. I had a T-100 for about 15 years and the only thing I had to fix was the starter.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Don't get me wrong I'm not bad mouthing Ford it's just I got a lemon on the last Ford I bought...I travel all of Arkansas, Northern Louisiana, Eastern Oklahoma and extreme Southern Missouri oh and an occasional trip to Memphis..last year I logged almost 78,000 miles. My wife has been buying Toyota for years and absolutely loves them so I thought I would give them a try and I have to say it's been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned many Fords and Chevy's and there have been some good ones but none of them even come close to this Tundra I currently own. The dealer told me I could get 400 + thousand no problem and I guess he was right.
That ford you had that was a Lemon did it have one of the 6.0's Known as the SICKO or did it have the 6.7 I here they are not any better than the SICKO The Truck I would love to put together would be as follows Ford Crewcab, Allison automatic. and a Cat engine Now that would be One Sexy Truck LOL!!! Some years ago when My Dad, My older brother and I had our trucking Company we put the trucks together starting with what is known as a Glider Kit. Cab, Instruments, main cab wiring harness's and a Frame drilled for our specified trans, engine mounting, and differentials. The first two Pete cab overs were purchased complete with Cat engines, All the others we assembled had Cat Engines built by myself with the help of a cat truck engine man.
Most Diesel Engines these days will last longer than the chassis. In the 8, almost 9 years I drove Trucks I accumulated just over 2 millions miles. Every State in the Union, Mexico, All Provinces of Canada, The Northwest Territory's, Even jumped the truck on the Ferry's out to Vancouver Island , delivering Saw Mill Equipment. Also parts of a Huge Mining drag line to Faro Yukon Territory I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE MAN LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Alky6

150cc
That ford you had that was a Lemon did it have one of the 6.0's Known as the SICKO or did it have the 6.7 I here they are not any better than the SICKO The Truck I would love to put together would be as follows Ford Crewcab, Allison automatic. and a Cat engine Now that would be One Sexy Truck LOL!!! Some years ago when My Dad, My older brother and I had our trucking Company we put the trucks together starting with what is known as a Glider Kit. Cab, Instruments, main cab wiring harness's and a Frame drilled for our specified trans, engine mounting, and differentials. The first two Pete cab overs were purchased complete with Cat engines, All the others we assembled had Cat Engines built by myself with the help of a cat truck engine man.
Most Diesel Engines these days will last longer than the chassis. In the 8, almost 9 years I drove Trucks I accumulated just over 2 millions miles. Every State in the Union, Mexico, All Provinces of Canada, The Northwest Territory's, Even jumped the truck on the Ferry's out to Vancouver Island , delivering Saw Mill Equipment. Also parts of a Huge Mining drag line to Faro Yukon Territory I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE MAN LOL!!!!

Wow! That brings back memories of my family's livestock transportation business. Glider kits, yes. Early kenworth chassis were assembled in our shop with old Cummins 200's. Then transitioned to freightliners with Detriot 318's. Then to 8v92's then to Cat 10L and 12L. Quite a transition from 1940 to 2000 when the business closed. Sorry for the tangent. Just cool stuff!

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I'm going to replace my 4titude tanks with the new areoplus tanks. Their thicker aka feel more like a Fiji bottle and the fittings seem better and a metal cap. I havnt used one yet but they seem a better quality. For my 4 titude tanks I've always poped the cap used Teflon and electrical tap the cap on never had a problem after doing those two things. But when they need to be changed im gonna give the other ones a try

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm going to replace my 4titude tanks with the new areoplus tanks. Their thicker aka feel more like a Fiji bottle and the fittings seem better and a metal cap. I havnt used one yet but they seem a better quality. For my 4 titude tanks I've always poped the cap used Teflon and electrical tap the cap on never had a problem after doing those two things. But when they need to be changed im gonna give the other ones a try

Just bought an Aeroplus tank just to see what they were all about. Fittings were loose and over-all feel is very cheap. Not sure I want to use it. Maybe I'll put it in my Edge since it's got as in it already whats's the harm:doh!: