• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCGF 120

Av874

New to GSN!
Mate has one and his lasted 2min max . Was hard to start and bit 3 hands . Then they found only one cylinder firing . Swapped ignition and plugs then it ran for 2mins . Seamed like a bearing let go . Shrapnel inside destroyed both pistons. New engine on its way . His mate has one and no problems. Ive yet to fire mine up . Found prop shaft is not parallel and thicker at the tip just as you start to put prop on . The exhaust bolts are too short to use and so are the prop bolts . Will also replace spark plugs before starting . Hopefully I have a good engine .

Well found out the problem. Timing was way out. The engine backfired so hard it broke the prop and damaged the rear bearing. Subsequent starting resulted it shrapnel scoring piston and liner. His replacement engine was out of timing and broke another prop thats when we compared timing setups . My magnet is past the sensor at TDC . His is behind the sensor at TDC

Attachments

• 20161026_140719.jpg
    20161026_140719.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 397
  • received_10154679008206518.jpeg
    received_10154679008206518.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

Av874

New to GSN!
Will fire mine up Sunday for the first time , hopefully I have a good engine . Mine is 12months old and never seen fuel. Seems latest batch had hub drilled in the wrong spot.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Will fire mine up Sunday for the first time , hopefully I have a good engine . Mine is 12months old and never seen fuel. Seems latest batch had hub drilled in the wrong spot.
Seems like these engines have poor workmanship (drilling in the wrong place and timing issues right out of the gate). Quality control is probably non-existent. Makes you wonder how good everything else is. Keep us updated.

Av874

New to GSN!
We have a winner :) Turned carby 180° from my factory setup which faced fuel inlet towards rear of plane and better line up with throttle servo. Engine is 12months old and started first go after priming till wet. With a 28x10 wood it revs to 6500rpm. Very happy customer. :angel:

Attachments

• 20161030_103111.jpg
    20161030_103111.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 372
All my gear is soon to be packed away for the winter. No special winterizing techniques here. Come spring time next year, charge, fuel, flip then fly!