• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCGF 120

Nope! Im at 6450 with the 29x9. It has more than enough gumption to get me out of a pickle. I may pick on the H a little..... L is fine.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That aint to shabby. Is it hotter than hell up there too!? Shoot......My old (I mean sold) DA120 was a solid 6500 with the 29x9 with only a few gallons thru it. Acceleration was INSANE tho. Hows the foot pedal on that RCGF?

Av874

New to GSN!
I'm tickled pink that your 120 runs just as well as Chad's and Diggy's, Rob. Mine, not so much. I think I was more amped up about this engine than you were.

Not sure on mine, but 3 mins into the first flight, she locked up tighter than a snare drum. Not hard on it, did 1 vertical pull at full power and 1 short downwind blast, just after take off. Idled great, transition great, no burble, high end sounded awesome. It did try to take my hand off 2x, but fortunately, I flip hard and fast. Almost sounds like some preignition is happening.

Oh well. It happens to the best of them anytime, any place and any engine. No collateral damage, so that is the nice part. It will be a few weeks before I get the engine out and back.

Mate has one and his lasted 2min max . Was hard to start and bit 3 hands . Then they found only one cylinder firing . Swapped ignition and plugs then it ran for 2mins . Seamed like a bearing let go . Shrapnel inside destroyed both pistons. New engine on its way . His mate has one and no problems. Ive yet to fire mine up . Found prop shaft is not parallel and thicker at the tip just as you start to put prop on . The exhaust bolts are too short to use and so are the prop bolts . Will also replace spark plugs before starting . Hopefully I have a good engine .

Send it to Joe, at RCGF USA. He fixed mine up, and it has been rock solid since. No issues, no pre ignition, it doesnt bite. 4-6 on choke, 3 off.

Mate has one and his lasted 2min max . Was hard to start and bit 3 hands . Then they found only one cylinder firing . Swapped ignition and plugs then it ran for 2mins . Seamed like a bearing let go . Shrapnel inside destroyed both pistons. New engine on its way . His mate has one and no problems. Ive yet to fire mine up . Found prop shaft is not parallel and thicker at the tip just as you start to put prop on . The exhaust bolts are too short to use and so are the prop bolts . Will also replace spark plugs before starting . Hopefully I have a good engine .

Being on mobile, I had no idea where you were hailing from, until just a bit ago, when I turned my phone sideways.

Yeah, being overseas, Joe may not be of much help. He helped me greatly. My exhaust bolts were just fine, length wise. Your prop stud being bigger in diameter, could possibly be true. In a pinch, you could take a file to it, and file it down to where the prop washer slides over the stud. But, I would go back to your area service rep, and see if they can send you one and swap it out. They remove easy. :)