• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

pawnshopmike

Staff member
That is one thing I never like buying they are so expensive now days, you stick them in the plane and never see them again. You know they are good but that’s about it it’s not like a new engine or plane.

Which is exactly why you buy good servos. So that you never have to see them again. Buy cheap ones and you'll soon get sick of seeing them every time you have to replace them or the gears.:D

TonyHallo

150cc
Order 2' x 4" x 1/32" plywood from Aircraft Spruce, UPS delivered it yesterday. The interior and exterior get sheeted with 1/32" and I wanted the sheet to be one piece, started with a 18" x 21" piece for the interior. The exterior sheet also forms it the back windows. Have the door latch completed as well, 5/32" K&S brass tube and 1/8" brass rod.

IMG_2446.JPG
IMG_2448.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Like Acerc said that is going to stiffen the plane. Working with ply is not easy it is not easy to make it conform to a plane shape. Looking god.

TonyHallo

150cc
Got the interior completed after a Friday Fun night, hope to get a few flights in tomorrow morning and help a friend get his new plane sorted out. Then get the exterior sheeting on. Boy do I have a lot of scrap 1/32" ply for the scrap drawer. I hope to take the fuselage to our club meeting on Monday night for "show and tell".
IMG_2449.JPG