• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Respect and the Power of Nothing

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi folks,

Time for me to get up on the soapbox and ask for your time to read a bit.....

We've got this cool site we started, you might have heard of it it's call www.GiantScaleNews.com. :laughing: SleepyC and I love RC (maybe too much sometimes!) and we wanted to create a place where everyone could come and share their passion and where the new folks could get involved, ask questions, whatever without being jumped on for the occasional dumb one.

To make a site work and truly rule the 'universe', to be a Giant amongst 'giants', to stay up when others are 'down', we've got to remember two little things.......

1. Respect for others......I know you guys respect each other but what I'm talking about here is thread content.....When someone starts a thread about one brand of product the thread should stay on topic about that brand of product. "Thread Hijacking" is when a person comes into an already active thread and diverts the topic to another subject/brand/whatever and it's a big slap to the person that originally started the thread. When you see a thread hijacking in progress please do us all a favor and be the Big Dude
upload_2014-12-31_10-9-58.png
and politely say, "That would be a great topic for a NEW thread, how about you go start one and we'll answer your question there?". That way the original thread stays on topic and we all continue to share the love.

2 The Power of Nothing......People will come here and ask for advice, IT'S A HUGE REASON AS TO WHY WE'RE HERE!!! :) But when someone comes and asks about some stink-turd airframe/motor/whatever.....if you know it's crap and can't say that in a polite way then just say nothing and it will have the same affect! Zero posts about some crap airframe says a lot more than ten people arguing over what is better. First hand experience with the exact airframe/motor/whatever says the most in reply to a question and without that I'd say second would be saying nothing. We all know that the group will pile on the replies when they love something and when someone sees nothing in reply to a question they'll know the feelings are not very good out there.

(wrap up and then a big group hug :grouphug:)........this site is work for us and sometimes it's going to be work for you guys also to resist the urge to flame each other and to raise hell. heck, i'm proud that we're maintaining the PG-13 rating we asked for from the beginning :way_to_go: ......but we'll keep turning on the lights every morning if we see that you guys want us to so to keep that vibe healthy and thriving let's give everyone a little room to breathe and discuss stuff without hijacks, the need for flame-suits, and while looking after the newbs that come in looking for the kind of expert advice and guidance that only GiantScaleNews.com can provide!!! Thanks for reading.

:grouphug::shake::grouphug::shake::grouphug::shake::grouphug:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Whatever you're doing, keep doing it, the 'other' site is just a boneyard now. GSN will take over the universe!