• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Respect and the Power of Nothing

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Is it the compelling need for people to lash out these days? I have always liked the "If you have not anything nice to say then say nothing".
Lot's of communication break down in the typed word because it is hard to show emotion and most of us are very passionate about our hobby and easily get offended. I do not see GSN ever going south as long as a mutual "I agree to disagree" attitude can be maintained. Every one has an opinion right or wrong. Just don't be MEAN and NASTY. I always liked a quote Jimmie Hendrix said..."MEAN PEOPLE SUCK".
Exactly.....

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Is it the compelling need for people to lash out these days? I have always liked the "If you have not anything nice to say then say nothing".
Lot's of communication break down in the typed word because it is hard to show emotion and most of us are very passionate about our hobby and easily get offended. I do not see GSN ever going south as long as a mutual "I agree to disagree" attitude can be maintained. Every one has an opinion right or wrong. Just don't be MEAN and NASTY. I always liked a quote Jimmie Hendrix said..."MEAN PEOPLE SUCK".
Thank You.
Being more tolerant is something I aspire to.
I do try to be pleasant on line, as well as during my day to day interactions with others. I don't like mean people. A person can be the most knowledgeable individual on the planet, but if the delivery is abrasive, I don't want to hear you. Am I perfect?, certainly not. Am I cognizant of this fact?, yes and I continually try to do better. So far, my experiences here have been good. Lets all hope it continues in that direction. I'll do my part.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I went to the "other" site a few days ago to retrieve some info I had bookmarked. It took about 2 seconds to remember why I left there and refuse to go back. Not only is there a huge lack of respect for each other, but one person starts it and a bunch of others feel the need to pile on and join the fray. If they behaved at the flying field like they do online, there would be a fistfight every day. I try to think about what I'm about to post and decide if a) it adds to the conversation in a positive manner, and b) would I say that same thing to the group in person? If it doesn't meet those two criteria, I keep it to myself. I also think if we "check" each other, not in a nasty way, but speaking up and letting them know we have a problem with their post, we can keep this site like it is and not need the heavy-handed moderating that plagues other sites.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I went to the "other" site a few days ago to retrieve some info I had bookmarked. It took about 2 seconds to remember why I left there and refuse to go back. Not only is there a huge lack of respect for each other, but one person starts it and a bunch of others feel the need to pile on and join the fray. If they behaved at the flying field like they do online, there would be a fistfight every day. I try to think about what I'm about to post and decide if a) it adds to the conversation in a positive manner, and b) would I say that same thing to the group in person? If it doesn't meet those two criteria, I keep it to myself. I also think if we "check" each other, not in a nasty way, but speaking up and letting them know we have a problem with their post, we can keep this site like it is and not need the heavy-handed moderating that plagues other sites.
Fo' sho' brother!! Keep it positive, or keep it to yourself. A little brotherly love goes a very long way.