• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Respect and the Power of Nothing

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
neither did i, i was kidding when I wrote that!

Nice to see you back at the site BJ, hope all is well.
Bart

I am one who would like something more definitive than a deafening silence, but it doesn't have to be nasty.

Things like:

1. I had one of those and didn't feel the need to get another or even to fly it much.
2. Several of us at our field had one, and while they were OK, we had the following problems.
3. Not the greatest out of the box, but if you do this it can be a winner.
4. Not the best, but a great value for the money.
5. Looks aren't to my taste, but flies really well. (Or visa versa in some cases).

Or specifics about a bad habit or feature. Think of the Tango glow model, which some people can't get off of the ground due to its ground handling characteristics, but which gives no problems to others.

For someone who spends as much time at this as Bartman and Sleepy a silence speaks deafening volumes. Not so much for a beginner or someone who finds themselves being drawn be many things other than RC.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Thanks to SleepyC and Bartman....... The site is great too! I will do the right thing, if your asking us about something, and I have poor feelings about it, I will not drop a bomb on the site publically, but will let the new guy know privately about the subject, especially if it has to do with a bad characteristic or flying problem! We do not need the new guys getting burned out on their first attempts at GS!

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
1. Respect for others.
2. power of STFU

i like and respect this philosophy. However, if there is a need to say something that has a weighted opinion or may offend or derail an OP, then send a PM is all I can say.

last, if a member gets out of line, and i promise it will happen as the site grows - give them ONE warning. If it happens again make it a permanent BAN based of user IP address AND Login info

JMHO but again, i like this site and enjoy the caliber of people here unlike that other site that just really started to suck once I joined :O

neither did i, i was kidding when I wrote that!

Nice to see you back at the site BJ, hope all is well.
Bart

Thanks Bart. Good to be back. Just was really busy with work. Wife bought me a Night Vapor for Xmas and that primed the R/C pump and here I am.

BJ Swope

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Lol, semi thread hijacking and off topic content in a thread discussing hijacking and staying on topic.
We are mostly adult children here to some extent or we wouldn't still be playing with toys, albeit uber cool and typically expensive ones, myself included.
Good topic and a nice reminder to keep our standards higher and kinder than anywhere else.
Not planning to be " officer no badge" but when those things are found I promise to respond in friendly fashion. Please do the same for me too.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Is it the compelling need for people to lash out these days? I have always liked the "If you have not anything nice to say then say nothing".
Lot's of communication break down in the typed word because it is hard to show emotion and most of us are very passionate about our hobby and easily get offended. I do not see GSN ever going south as long as a mutual "I agree to disagree" attitude can be maintained. Every one has an opinion right or wrong. Just don't be MEAN and NASTY. I always liked a quote Jimmie Hendrix said..."MEAN PEOPLE SUCK".