• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Restoring The Laser

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well,
There was no work done on the Laser this past weekend. The weather was so nice, I spent all weekend at the flying field. . . . :yesss: I talked to Decal Dennis over the weekend and he said my graphics will be here today. They are going to be AWESOME ! ! ! I cannot wait to see them. Also, I cannot forget to order my cowl and wheel pants today. I will do it during my lunch hour. Hopefully I'll get something done on the Laser this week, but it doesn't look promising with my work schedule. . . . . :ugh:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well,

@Decal Dennis came through like a champ ! ! ! ! !:yesss: I just got my "Box Of Awesomeness" and the contents didn't disappoint me at all. My graphics are OUTSTANDING ! ! ! ! ! They almost make me want to go home and put them on the plane right now, but it would be smart if I waited until after I was finished doing what I have to do to the plane so I don't mess them up. So I guess you guys will have to wait for a while before you can see them.

Dennis, I've said this before and I'll say it again. You have a very happy customer sitting here and you have a customer for as long as you're making graphics. I was totally surprised when you told me you had shipped my decals even though there was a little mix up. To me, that says allot about a person who can trust his customers enough to do that and it means allot to me. Everybody who sees my Laser will know who I got my awesome graphics from and for those who don't see it, I will happily tell them.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Doesn't look like there's going to be any work on the Laser this weekend either. Unfortunately, I probably won't get back to it until after the first of the year. That's OK, since my new cowl and wheel pants should be here one day late next week or early the following week, I should have everything I need when time becomes available again. . . . . . .:yesss:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK,
Just a little update. The place that Fiberglass Specialties uses for shipping emailed me tracking numbers yesterday, so I should be getting my new cowl and wheel pants by the end of this week. . . . . Wooo Hooo

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK Fellas,

I've made another change in plans since I was fortunate enough to score a 50cc Carden Extra 300 kit. The change is that I will save my good Futaba servos for the Carden. Therefore, I'm going to try Savox servos in my Laser to see how I like them. I am open to suggestions as to which ones to use. I'm considering using some with a higher torque values than what's required in case I want to use them in a larger plane at a later date. I also have some question about their power usage. Do you guys think a 2500mAh receiver pack is sufficient for the receiver with the Savox servos? What do you guys think?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
With a 6 servo air frame 2500mah should be plenty for 3 or 4 10-12 minute flights. I have found that the way I fly I typically use 350 to 5o0 mah per flight with a six servo set up. That's HVHT servos practicing freestyle routines. That is also with the same battery powering up the ignition.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
With a 6 servo air frame 2500mah should be plenty for 3 or 4 10-12 minute flights. I have found that the way I fly I typically use 350 to 5o0 mah per flight with a six servo set up. That's HVHT servos practicing freestyle routines. That is also with the same battery powering up the ignition.
I'd have to second that calculation. I remember with my 50cc Edge, I had it outfitted with two 2600 LiIon Relions. Powering the entire plane and ignition I was able to do about 10 ten minute flights.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Kelly, did you know David has been cheating on his Lazer? Yup...I caught him playing with a new kit. He said he promised he would not touch it....(yeah right)....until the Lazer was done. Yeah, I believe that one. Like I believe piggies fly over the ocean front property in Arizona. :laughing:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Kelly, where you been Buddy? You fly the maiden flight on your new Bad Ass Extra then you disappear. Hope everything's OK down south.

That funny guy in the post above is only half right. .:cautious:. I just don't know why he won't believe me. . . . . . .:roflmao:. Oh well, what can I say, he'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks on the confirmation on my battery setup fellas.