• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Excellent re-do Rob, that is one sweet looking plane!
@stangflyer Beautiful Rob. Next stop Joe Nall and the 3D line!:epic:@49dimes I am laughing my butt off!:roflmao:
Way to go Rob,

Your Yak turned out AWESOME ! ! ! I'm sure it will fly as good as it looks. . . :yesss: If it doesn't, it certainly wouldn't be because of anything you've done. Thanks for taking all of us along for the ride, and what a ride it was . . . . :laughing:.
Thanks guys. And everyone else too. I probably wouldn't have been so motivated if it weren't for all you awesome members that have been faithfully following the restore. Not to mention the prodding with the sharp stick now and then. Right David? Lol

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Who? me? I would never do such a thing. Besides, I'm not even allowed to own a sharp stick. . . . :lol2: You know, there is a saying I'm sure you're familiar with regarding this "prodding". It's "payback is hell".

Speaking of prodding, you're going to need more than a sharp stick to get me back on my little restoration. I don't even think a cattle prod would do any good. . . :ugh!:

I hope the weather out there will let you get your maiden in this weekend. I'd LOVE to be there to see that big 3Dub pull that Yak around like a rag doll.. . . . . :yesss:

Take care, Buddy

BalsaDust

Who? me? I would never do such a thing. Besides, I'm not even allowed to own a sharp stick. . . . :lol2: You know, there is a saying I'm sure you're familiar with regarding this "prodding". It's "payback is hell".

Speaking of prodding, you're going to need more than a sharp stick to get me back on my little restoration. I don't even think a cattle prod would do any good. . . :ugh!:

I hope the weather out there will let you get your maiden in this weekend. I'd LOVE to be there to see that big 3Dub pull that Yak around like a rag doll.. . . . . :yesss:

Take care, Buddy

What if we are all coming at you with a cattle prod?????

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I guess I really should balance this thing before I put her in the air huh? Given the CG is 1" behind w.t.c., (center of wing tube) I was hoping it would be at least somewhat close.

20160311_131502.jpg

No weight added. And other than moving flight packs forward to allow access to the rear wing bolts, nothing moved. How'd I do??

20160311_125804.jpg

20160311_122401.jpg

Double checking with Randy @Spats on his, but I say we go fly it. Come on sunshine.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

Last edited: