• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrecting an Old Favorite - 3DHS 87" Extra SHP

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Pieced together enough from one side of the other old fuse for a pattern to cut out the 1/16" birch ply sides. Really glad I didn't throw that fuse away!!!
20161127_141542.jpg

Lightened them up a bit. Not as much as the original, as they get pretty flimsy quickly. If you haven't had too many beers you'll notice one side is shorter. I'll be splicing in the new sides one bay back on the left side (you can see that in the pic).
20161128_191423.jpg

Test fitting the new front end before gluing the sides to the motorbox .
20161128_192912.jpg

Time for a beer :cheers:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The fuse is now ONE PIECE.....AGAIN!!!!!!!!:fist_pump:
Made up supports for, and glued in the pull/pull rudder servo tray. Found some photos of the old one to see where things were located. (Never throw things away :cheers:)

Once the epoxy cures I will get on with the remaining infrastructure supports /cross-braces, etc. I'll need to make a wing tube sleeve (pic shows a section of the old busted tube). I've reviewed @Terryscustom vids about laying one up using glass cloth, but also have another idea I might try first. Will shoot some pics either way.
20161130_150731.jpg

20161130_150817.jpg