• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrecting an Old Favorite - 3DHS 87" Extra SHP

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Amazing how fast these things go up!!! This was the Aerobeez Edge fuselage....:devil-dance:
20161221_143636.jpg

20161221_143640.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Whoa!! Why the burning party?
That was the Edge that didn't fair very well with what should have been a survivable deadstick into the meadow. Fuse was just busted up all over....felt like a wet noddle when you picked it up.

The plane itself really didn't fly well....tip stall tendencies and at least a dozen mixes to get it flying straight. I paid a buddy $50 for it after he wiped out the gear for the 3rd time. Fixed the gear mount and got it flying....but I was bound to wad it up sooner than later. I really didn't want to put any work into trying to get that one back in the air again.

This 3DHS Extra is worth it as they fly great and I'm looking forward to getting the old gal back up again.

I will NOT be putting that S.A.D. sticker on any of my planes though!!! :eek:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's really disappointing when you try everything you can and discover there is no humanly possible way to make an airframe fly well. I had a knock of Aerobeez 50cc Slick the same way. I am no Jase or Gabby or even Supa Tim, but I'm not a slouch either. I never could get that Slick to do anything (including landing) well except 6" off the deck knife edge passes. No matter what I did, it was a complete pig to fly. I should have balled it up a hundred dozen times. Fortunately I grew too frustrated with it and sold it...before I "did" ball it up. Lol

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It's really disappointing when you try everything you can and discover there is no humanly possible way to make an airframe fly well. I had a knock of Aerobeez 50cc Slick the same way. I am no Jase or Gabby or even Supa Tim, but I'm not a slouch either. I never could get that Slick to do anything (including landing) well except 6" off the deck knife edge passes. No matter what I did, it was a complete pig to fly. I should have balled it up a hundred dozen times. Fortunately I grew too frustrated with it and sold it...before I "did" ball it up. Lol

Those old models seemed to have that issue. They looked good but couldn't fly well. I'm glad they decided to move away from those airplanes and start developing good flying airplanes

Attachments

• 20160528_083021.jpg
    20160528_083021.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 354