• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrecting an Old Favorite - 3DHS 87" Extra SHP

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Fuse is covered! On to re-hinging the rudder and elevators, then getting the wings in shape. Might help Santa deliver some presents with her! ;)
20161214_103040.jpg

20161214_164252.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
She's back on her feet again! (Really need to lay of the tequila :black-eye: ). New hinges in the rudder, pull-pull hooked up and throttle servo mounted. Get the engine back in and finish up the batteries and Rx mountings and I can clean off the table for a little wing and stab work.

If I recall correctly this thing weighed around 18#....guess I'll see where it ends up this time around?
20161217_151758.jpg

Looks really long without the wings on....85" (without spinner)
20161217_151834.jpg

Great job on the Extra. Almost makes me want to fix something. But hell no I'll keep buying ARF's and my crawl space is full of broken ones. The some-day projects when I retire and that's gonna happen soon. With this crazy cold stuff in Chicago land sure makes me think of Florida! No Frost Florida I saw on the map, maybe my new home. So clean up the crawl space time. I did Santa myself a 50cc Extra and it will be my winter project cause it takes me forever to put a ARF together. Can never figure out were I just put the part I just had in my hand. Or I just sit and stare at plane and forgot what I was doing.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
She's back on her feet again! (Really need to lay of the tequila :black-eye: ). New hinges in the rudder, pull-pull hooked up and throttle servo mounted. Get the engine back in and finish up the batteries and Rx mountings and I can clean off the table for a little wing and stab work.

If I recall correctly this thing weighed around 18#....guess I'll see where it ends up this time around?
View attachment 92202

Looks really long without the wings on....85" (without spinner)
View attachment 92203
Nicely done Earle. :way_to_go: