• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scratch build Laser 200

well looks like the foam hot wire cut bulkheads seems to be working

Attachments

• 67946505_10157759933047139_5202649552439476224_n.jpg
    67946505_10157759933047139_5202649552439476224_n.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 262
67684884_10157758916137139_7043447916752535552_n.jpg

Something a bit different, as many of you know me by now, I think and do things outside the box, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. So have a look at this new radio from FrSky, yes I just received one to study it and so far I am totally impressed​
This radio just came in which is an entry level but with all the flexibility and 24 channels that even $3000 radios don't have.​
As a portable radio, the FrSky Taranis X9 Lite is a remarkable fusion of traditional radio design with the innovations of the latest ACCESS protocol. The X9 Lite inherits its classic form factor from the FrSky Taranis X9D series remote control, along with completely preserving the comfort of the classic grip design, it also adds a program scroll button adding convenience when navigating the menu further improving the user experience. For beginners, the wired training function is retained, allowing beginners to improve their skills with the security of an instructors input upon command.
Like the Taranis X-Lite Pro, the new Taranis X9 Lite also uses the latest ACCESS communication protocol, along with ErskyTX / OpenTX open source operating system, it boasts 24 channels with a faster baud rate and lower latency with a high-speed module digital interface. Additional ACCESS features like wireless firmware updates and wireless configurations will be gradually unlocked, providing a more reliable, more secure link between the remote and model. Making the X9 Lite a fully functioning remote control with tons of extra features.​
  • Ergonomic and compact design​
  • Installed with ACCESS protocol​
  • Supports spectrum analyzer function​
  • High-speed module digital interface​
  • G7 Noble potentiometer gimbal​
  • Supports wired training function​
  • Haptic vibration alerts and voice speech outputs​
  • Easily accessible battery compartment (*Batteries not included, adaptive with replaceable 18650 button top Li-ion batteries)​
  • Dimension: 184*170*101mm (L*W*H)​
  • Weight: 505g (without battery)​
  • Operating system: ErskyTX / OpenTX​
  • Number of channels: 24 channels​
  • Internal RF module: ISRM-N​
  • Operating voltage range: 6.0~8.4V​
  • Operating current: 190mA@7.4V​
  • Operating Temperature: -10℃ ~ 60℃ (14℉ ~ 140℉)​
  • Backlit LCD resolution: 128*64​
  • Model memories: 60 models (expandable by Micro SD card)​
  • Smart Port, Micro SD card slot, Micro USB Port and DSC Port​
  • Compatibility: ACCST D16 and ACCESS receivers​

well I have been checking the radio out with a small receiver both with ACCESS protocol, and I have to say I am blown away , I can't beleive such a good radio for the price, I did try also the spectrum analyser, unbelievable, at the field this morning with no one there I had the analyser on and no reading of frequencies, then I switched on my Horus, and immidiately I could see the spike to tell me I am not alone and with the exact frequency , oh ya 24 channels, and all the telemetry of my Horus with Open TX programability of the Horus,

BalsaDust

Looks nice. Whats the difference in compared to the old ACCST protocol? From reading product page it does seem older RX's need to have firmware updates done to work with it. I like the looks though as I preferred the feel of my smaller Futaba radio over my Taranis even though the Taranis won out since it can do so much.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it is , using TPU filament, which is basically Urathane , the amount of flex will depend on the amount of fill I program into it.

I have some TPU sitting around. I need to give it a whirl!! Looks like a CR-10? Any tips for a guy who has been using PLA to try out TPU setting wise? I wonder how the tire will hold up under torsion or even rocks for that matter. WAY cool, I haven't seen anyone accomplish this yet. Way to go!

Looks nice. Whats the difference in compared to the old ACCST protocol? From reading product page it does seem older RX's need to have firmware updates done to work with it. I like the looks though as I preferred the feel of my smaller Futaba radio over my Taranis even though the Taranis won out since it can do so much.

Although the ACCST was by far the most reliable connection , the ACCESS Protocol beats it by a mile , and yes not all receivers will be converted, but then again there are many receivers to choose from at very reasonable prices, so for this I am not worried. But slowly they are upgrading the firmware for many different receivers and soon the X10S Express will be available and a conversion for existing X10's are in the works, I have two so am hoping..
Check this https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-adva...ated-spread-spectrum-access-protocol-release/

whick will better explain then I could...

I have some TPU sitting around. I need to give it a whirl!! Looks like a CR-10? Any tips for a guy who has been using PLA to try out TPU setting wise? I wonder how the tire will hold up under torsion or even rocks for that matter. WAY cool, I haven't seen anyone accomplish this yet. Way to go!
Yes I use the CR 10S, As for holding up, you have to remember TPU is made with Urethane material which is very tough, the belt I made for the alternator never gave me any problems and I had a few made for different sizes and had some of my friends pull on it to break it and they couldn't .
As for holding out I believe it will but until I put the mileage LOL I can only speculate.
In the picture this is mostly the settings in Cura for the CR 10 for TPU, you have to make sure the nozzle if very close to the glass.
If you have problems I'm sure I can help , just let know

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 225
going back to the Taranis, here is a short video I just made showing the new transmitter with 24 channels sporting the access protocol, and the access protocol receiver with sbus for all 24 channels, plug in the Smoothflight, operating the bluebird super servos, and remote power switch for scale application.

BalsaDust

Although the ACCST was by far the most reliable connection , the ACCESS Protocol beats it by a mile , and yes not all receivers will be converted, but then again there are many receivers to choose from at very reasonable prices, so for this I am not worried. But slowly they are upgrading the firmware for many different receivers and soon the X10S Express will be available and a conversion for existing X10's are in the works, I have two so am hoping..
Check this https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-adva...ated-spread-spectrum-access-protocol-release/

whick will better explain then I could...

Thanks. Look at their list it seems only my two small parkflyer 4 channel receivers don't have the option to upgrade to the new firmware which would be easy enough to replace since the other 12 can be updated. Something to look into as I would like a smaller radio.