• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

mjg0808

50cc
Has anyone installed an alarm system? I'm looking for a basic system with 2 sensors for the rear and side doors and a siren. I don't need all that fancy paging, remote start stuff... Now that I finally got around to setting mine up, I'm definitely going to have to protect everything in it.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Has anyone installed an alarm system? I'm looking for a basic system with 2 sensors for the rear and side doors and a siren. I don't need all that fancy paging, remote start stuff... Now that I finally got around to setting mine up, I'm definitely going to have to protect everything in it.
That's a good idea, I'd be interested to see if anyone has done this also.

sweetpea

100cc
An alarm install is very easy and inexpensive. I got a Viper one back in the day for my motorcycle. Basically it had an adjustable motion sensor and if the battery detected a drain (from like a light) it would go off. Those should be in the $50-60 range. Some versions have pin switches as well that can be setup for the doors.

mjg0808

50cc
Be careful when hooking up your LED lights... I was testing my new AC, converter, inverter and batteries last night and unknowingly left a roll of lights on under a bag that my laptop was in. I went into my house for about 5 minutes and when I went back into the trailer I saw smoke...little suckers get really hot when you leave them rolled up...no damage!!!
61daf17208f11bcce8c58bc7e33f8501.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk