• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

sweetpea

100cc
The batteries are those tiny 1 cell 550 ones for indoor flyers. I have like 10 of them in a Ziploc bag. I have no idea what box they are in and I went through a bunch of them. For all I know they are in my trailer which is impossible to go through right now. I was so looking forward to flying:doh!:

sweetpea

100cc
Ughhh.... Now I passed for trench but failed electrical final. My outlet is not "child tamper" GFCI, its just a regular GFCI and when I was rewiring the box after the conduit I knocked out one of the silver tabs so there was a blank hole in the CB box and that was a no-no and finally my neutral buss did not have a ground bonding strap to the CB box.

All easy fixes but it just means another inspection before I can start my wiring and insulation projects.

BalsaDust

I'm an electrician and it just blows my mind that the inspector wanted the outlet to be both a gfci and tamper resistant. No need what so ever for tamper resistant in a shop.

sweetpea

100cc
Well my wife was wrong. After going over her description and the crappy notes from the inspector and some internet research I was wrong.

The ground bus bar needs to be grounded to the panel. Since this looks like a main panel but its really just a big sub panel you do not bond the neutral. The confusion is because the cb kit only comes with neutral bus bars. I bought a ground one tonight and fixed everything.

Something just didn't seem right today as I knew the main was bonded. Having both bonded at neutral didn't add up.

sweetpea

100cc
That is because our county code says any new structure has to have tamper resistant gfci. They don't distinguish home vs outbuildings

sweetpea

100cc
I can't wait to start all the wiring this weekend! First up are my lights so I can see what the heck I'm doing in there! My wife is commandeering the side of my shop for her soon to be garden. I need to rent/borrow a tiller for that.