• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Doing it by hand is kinda therapeutic isn't it?

I cut the Krier by hand, basically made my own kit, and it only took 4 evenings of cutting and sanding, and it was a lot of fun. I'm already looking forward to doing it for the Kanary.
It is. I've always enjoyed making parts.
Right now I'm trying to decide what the framing style will be before I can progress on the plan.

BalsaDust

Doing it by hand is kinda therapeutic isn't it?

I cut the Krier by hand, basically made my own kit, and it only took 4 evenings of cutting and sanding, and it was a lot of fun. I'm already looking forward to doing it for the Kanary.

When will plans be available for the Krier????

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It is. I've always enjoyed making parts.
Right now I'm trying to decide what the framing style will be before I can progress on the plan.
I keep looking but am not finding a new thread titled a Samson build? What's up with that????

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I keep looking but am not finding a new thread titled a Samson build? What's up with that????
Until I have something worth posting I'm afraid you'll have to wait.:)

Plus, I still want to get the Hostetler Pitts plan before I rule that out.

But I am going to keep working on the Samson plan and post some progress here as I go.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I ordered the Hostetler 35% Pitts plans last night and worked on the Samson plan. Once I have something worth posting I will. The Plan is going very slowly since It's been about a year since I've spent any serious time with Turbocad and I'm still finding my way around again.