Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Bipeguy03, Mar 18, 2015.

1. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 100cc

TN, USA
    Thanks @stangflyer!
    Size is 100cc, 85" span. This is a Python ARF from Quique's Aircraft Company, designed before Beast, Viking and Mamba, with colors known as the Kimball scheme.

stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 100cc

TN, USA
    Short answer is that cross bracing depends on the design.
    The only bracing on this 100cc version is the I-struts, which aren't attached in my photo above. All loads are carried through the wing tubes.
    I'll measure the diameter for you when I'm back in the shop, but upper tube is slightly larger than lower one.

I've seen other designs which depend upon the flying and landing wires to carry the load, functioning the same as full scale.

stangflyer, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. My 50% goes together fast at the field do to quick fasterners at the end of the cables. My cables are 400 lb rated stainless steel braided cable. Doubt if fishing tackle is going to replace that. I can put it together faster than my Aeroworks 222cc Ultimate with no flying wires. All depends on design

stangflyer, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Would you kind enough when you get a chance to take a picture of the quick fastener. Thanks.

Jetpainter likes this.
  5. Here you go. I have 2 wires for each wing but only 1 quick fastener. It’s a matter of 30 seconds to clip.

Attached Files:

6. Are those fasteners store bought or home made? I would like some of them..

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  7. Mine came with the Bill Hempel ARF I bought but I believe they come from Exclusive Models in Germany. Bill may be able to sell them to you though, as far as I know they are made for models.

acerc, pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Ok I need some of those they look great and real easy to assemble. Same request as @acerc who, where and how. Thanks for that the pictures.

9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    If they are available in the states @acerc can we talk a deal on getting them please.

10. Thanks, I'll send him an email tomorrow to find out if available outside of kit's.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Snoopy1 likes this.