Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Bipeguy03, Mar 18, 2015.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

More than just likely, this is my next Pilot airframe!
    double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

2. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Why doesn't that surprise me? . . . . . . . . :laughing:

dhal22 likes this.
  3. HRRC Flyer

Its an awesome thing for people like myself to have fellow members of our clubs who can build planes like this. . . . .

Jungmeister.jpg
    Trust me when I tell you, this picture does absolutely no justice to the model what so ever. My buddy started with an older kit he bought that included the cowl. As it turned out, the only wood he was able to use from the kit were the wing ribs. . . . . . :eek:. He had to recut all of the rest because it didn't agree with the scale outlines of the original. The model is based on a full size plane that is sitting in a Museum not far from me. To give you an idea of size, the plane is sitting on a six foot long folding table.

Snoopy1, WMcNabb, stangflyer and 2 others like this.
  4. HRRC Flyer, WMcNabb and stangflyer like this.
  5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Very cool!

Every time I see a picture of a nice scale airplane I think I need to build one............ then laziness sets in.:LOL_gif:

I really do need to get off my dead a$$ and build something this winter.

6. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Gorgeous!! Need more photos....Please??!!!

7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Oh my!!

stangflyer likes this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Have to agree with you I am in the same place still have nothing planned or to build this coming winter. And still looking but do not know what I want, I guess I am a little lost.

stangflyer and HRRC Flyer like this.
  9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Same here, I change my mind on what to build weekly it seems. Biplane, warbird, 50cc pattern plane, something custom? I drive myself insane.

stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. HRRC Flyer

I know what you mean Doug. As soon as my Buddy fired up the Saito 450 in it, I got the immediate urge to get my Thunderbolt built. . . . . :laughing:.

I will try to get some more photos Wade. I didn't have my good camera with me yesterday so I had to take the picture with my phone. My Buddy flew it not long after I took the picture, but I was too busy watching it fly to take any more pics. . . . . :(,

stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.