• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SOLOSHOT2: Get The Perfect RC Video of Your Plane In Flight By Yourself!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So true...wouldn't it be ironic that the vary thing that brought your plane down did an excellent job filming it...
nervy-guy.gif
'Bout fell over laughing when I read this.

oh58skid

50cc
Finally had a day of nice weather to go out and fly and play with the soloshot. After setting everything up I attached the tag to the landing gear of my park zone beaver. The soloshot tracked and kept the airplane centered in the frame thru out the flight. It's pretty cool to watch it pan and tilt while tracking the airplane. Next I attached the tag to the landing gear on my 40 percent extra, had the same results as with the beaver. When I played back the video I found that there were 309 one or two second videos, figured out the the vibration from the landing gear was causing the camera to go from record to standby. There are two ways to start and stop the camera recording, one is to press the plus button on the tag or tap the top of the tag three times. I am hoping to go tomorrow and experiment with it more.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Finally had a day of nice weather to go out and fly and play with the soloshot. After setting everything up I attached the tag to the landing gear of my park zone beaver. The soloshot tracked and kept the airplane centered in the frame thru out the flight. It's pretty cool to watch it pan and tilt while tracking the airplane. Next I attached the tag to the landing gear on my 40 percent extra, had the same results as with the beaver. When I played back the video I found that there were 309 one or two second videos, figured out the the vibration from the landing gear was causing the camera to go from record to standby. There are two ways to start and stop the camera recording, one is to press the plus button on the tag or tap the top of the tag three times. I am hoping to go tomorrow and experiment with it more.
Hmm....very interesting. Maybe a piece of foam between the "tag" and the landing gear?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Very cool. I started coaching my son in baseball a few years ago and the video recording stopped. The wife won't bother. I could use this to record the kids and plane flying.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
My understanding is that the Solo Shot is just a device that sits on a tripod to which you attach a camera of your choice. The device follows an object to which it is linked, in this case a plane. How does it know when to zoom in and out and how does it make the camera do that. Is there a mechanical zoom attachment?