• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Some assistance needed, 40% Yak 54

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I agree with others Rob. Scheme looks great to me. Nice plane man!
Thank you Kelly. I'm pretty sure I will leave it the same scheme. I've never been a big checker board fan. Biggest reason I changed the Hemp Edge. But on this particular ride, they just work. I just had to put it together to get an idea of its overall appearance. My gosh this thing is big. Lol

20151008_170735.jpg
20151008_170344.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Both Spats and one other guy at our club use GP-176 EVO's on their 40% Pilot Yaks, seems to yank them around like they're toys..

Spats

100cc
Not as heavy as you might think. I've had mine with pipes and just mufflers for good smoke. Plenty of power with a 176evo. I have a couple of ZDZ's now so I may switch it over and see how it does.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Not as heavy as you might think. I've had mine with pipes and just mufflers for good smoke. Plenty of power with a 176evo. I have a couple of ZDZ's now so I may switch it over and see how it does.
I don't want to derail your thread here Rob, but I have a quick question for Spats. Are you saying that stock mufflers make better smoke that pipes do? I've been pondering that question lately.