• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Stupidest thing you have ever done RC related.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Many years ago I forgot to tighten the wing bolts on a 60 sized Supersport. I flew off an abandoned highway in those days. I was pulling hard on the elevators and away went the wing. I watched my torpedo dive into a car parked in front of a new construction site. It cost my homeowners a couple thousand.

Not my own stupid thing but....

I was giving a flying lesson to a guy for the first time. He put his plane together (a goldberg eagle), started it up and asked me to take him up. I didn't realize it was his first time at the field. I took off and made an easy left turn. I want to make the downwind turn and the wing seemed to lift from the plane and then slam back down. Before I could ask him about it, the wing departed and the fuse did a good impression of an arrow. I asked him how many rubber bands he had used on the wing. The response was "two, one for each side".

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It had to be the time I rushed a radio install on my 89 slick and had the ailerons reversed and stuck her nose in the dirt, That or the times I placed an order with RW and expected it to arrive within a month. Tight race LOL

Wow! Tough crowd.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Okay, since a couple others admitted it, I will too! What is it about flat spins? :D

Had two planes assembled and flying that day: 100cc PAU Extra and 1/4 scale H9 Super Cub. Flying one, then the other comparing flat spins! After about 3 flights on each, I was flying the Cub, just completely LOVING the flat spins.....okay, getting close to the ground....center sticks........."Oh, yeah, this is the Cub DUMMY, it doesn't stop IMMEDIATELY like the Extra does!"..... Obligatory 1 1/2 more spins and it bites the dust!

Damage wasn't too bad and I will fix it, but I WILL order another one because I just love this Cub!

Regards,

Astro
Hee hee..... sounds all too familiar. Thing I failed to mention is that Dave Patrick Extra was a so fat, oh she was fat. 78" wingspan and over 17 pounds. When it disappeared behind the hill I was in the process of getting her straightened up. I forgot due to its fat a&&, it takes a while to get her flying again. I could hear it behind the hill heading east...east....east....still running, obviously not in the dirt..."YET". I was just about to pull on the elevator and I heard..... "SPLAT". Then total silence. That's how I knew her life was over. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not my own stupid thing but....

I was giving a flying lesson to a guy for the first time. He put his plane together (a goldberg eagle), started it up and asked me to take him up. I didn't realize it was his first time at the field. I took off and made an easy left turn. I want to make the downwind turn and the wing seemed to lift from the plane and then slam back down. Before I could ask him about it, the wing departed and the fuse did a good impression of an arrow. I asked him how many rubber bands he had used on the wing. The response was "two, one for each side".