• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Terryscustom 35% MXS-ST Prototype

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
It would be great to see scale aerobatic planes that were really scale! I think you are on the right path.

Get the fuse cross sections right as well... Almost every IMAC plane out there is thinned down and flat sided. Most of these planes don't have flat sides. The only issue with the MX, is there are lots of full scale versions of the fuse and the last versions were very round, as they were full composite.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
It would be great to see scale aerobatic planes that were really scale! I think you are on the right path.
Get the fuse cross sections right as well... Almost every IMAC plane out there is thinned down and flat sided. Most of these planes don't have flat sides. The only issue with the MX, is there are lots of full scale versions of the fuse and the last versions were very round, as they were full composite.

Yea, this is based on the original MX-S which is more of an old-school full scale design. The newer MXS-R's are basically not even close to the original and would be SUPER cool in an all composite. Unfortunately out of my range of expertise. I am pretty close but I do have a little flatter sides than the full scale, but I am a HUGE fan of your idea for scale cross section. The original is fairly flat sided except for forward of the cockpit. For simplicity of the average builder and keeping it a "quick build" kit I kept that. Here is a cool outline of the full scale:

mxs3v.jpg

tl3

50cc
Since the release of the Viper for production I've gotten this question at least a half dozen times......"Is it IMAC legal"? Well the short answer is yes, but the long answer is going to require me to build another plane!:dancing-chicken:

OK, so some of you that followed me over on FG may remember that I designed and built a series of MXS's. I started with the 42%/170cc version. I then did the 37%/120cc version that was a fairly large plane at just over 110". That one was pretty popular and we actually produced a small run of kits along with the planes I build and sold.

So then came the 70cc "Viper" was actually a scaled down MXS which we have since axed (because it was a little too large for a 70cc engine) and made the "Viper-ST" which is for all general purposes specifically designed for 3D in a true 35% MXS body (with a few mods).

Here are a few pics of the MXS's that I have pics of. A couple of the kits that were sold I do not have finished pictures of:

View attachment 13036 View attachment 13034

Little MX huckin with the prototype:
To he!! with the plane...the truck rocks, and the two "co-pilots" aren't too shabby either...;-)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
To he!! with the plane...the truck rocks, and the two "co-pilots" aren't too shabby either...;-)
Truck was Pete Rosas'. He's a Futaba sponsored pilot that actually bought that MX from me. Copilots are from the Cornhuck, always awesome stuff at Cornhuck!