• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Terryscustom 35% MXS-ST Prototype

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Since the release of the Viper for production I've gotten this question at least a half dozen times......"Is it IMAC legal"? Well the short answer is yes, but the long answer is going to require me to build another plane!:dancing-chicken:

OK, so some of you that followed me over on FG may remember that I designed and built a series of MXS's. I started with the 42%/170cc version. I then did the 37%/120cc version that was a fairly large plane at just over 110". That one was pretty popular and we actually produced a small run of kits along with the planes I build and sold.

So then came the 70cc "Viper" was actually a scaled down MXS which we have since axed (because it was a little too large for a 70cc engine) and made the "Viper-ST" which is for all general purposes specifically designed for 3D in a true 35% MXS body (with a few mods).

Here are a few pics of the MXS's that I have pics of. A couple of the kits that were sold I do not have finished pictures of:

View attachment 13036 View attachment 13034

Little MX huckin with the prototype:
First photo...I'll take one of each please.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
How will it 3D?

I'm expecting equal performance as the Viper, with slightly cleaner lines for precision. It will still have a very light wing loading which has it's own positives and negatives. I'm shooting for a good "mix". It will require a tiny bit more rudder to elevator mixing because the wing will be lower, but the horizontal stabs will be in more clean air. The Viper when balanced neutral requires about 2-3% KE mixing for hands off, which is less than 90% of ARF's out there. My 37% MX was 4-5% which is still pretty good. The benefits of the cleaner air over the stabs I'm guessing will follow through from precision to 3D. I'm guessing a little more ability to do clean crankshafts and vortex's with the MX because of the stab shape and placement. Will be a super plane for the beginner 3D guy to build confidence, all the way up to competition if one so chooses.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Awesome !!
cartman1.gif
blues.gif

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I'm expecting equal performance as the Viper, with slightly cleaner lines for precision. It will still have a very light wing loading which has it's own positives and negatives. I'm shooting for a good "mix". It will require a tiny bit more rudder to elevator mixing because the wing will be lower, but the horizontal stabs will be in more clean air. The Viper when balanced neutral requires about 2-3% KE mixing for hands off, which is less than 90% of ARF's out there. My 37% MX was 4-5% which is still pretty good. The benefits of the cleaner air over the stabs I'm guessing will follow through from precision to 3D. I'm guessing a little more ability to do clean crankshafts and vortex's with the MX because of the stab shape and placement. Will be a super plane for the beginner 3D guy to build confidence, all the way up to competition if one so chooses.
I need help like your last line. I am a beginner 3D guy. I want one.