• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Terryscustom 35% MXS-ST Prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Can't wait to see what you do different.

I may go a hair lower on the wing placement but want to test the wing and stab placement on this first. I don't want to create too much KE coupling and other characteristics. If it gets too much then I need to look at wing incidence, stab and rudder geometry to counteract it. So, I'm trying to find a good mix to keep it simple and IMAC / 3D capable in the same animal.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Oh don't forget he designed and engineered it first!! Then he Cut it. built it and refined it faster than you can say "Group Therapy"!!. Thanks Terry for keeping me away from build thread withdrawal.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
You guy's are funny, the design changes to make this an actual MX did not take long. It takes a good 4-5 days to draw a plane from scratch!

Cutting foam for the test stabs now......pics later.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Not much done today. We cut some foam for the first test run of the stabs and they look fantastic. This plane will be IMAC legal but you have to remember that I'm a 3D guy so they are sized and placed for a good mix. These stabs are actually 1" wider than the Viper and with the straight trailing edge they are VERY effective. I am obviously going to do mine set up for 50 degrees of throw.

_DSC0215.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0214.JPG
    _DSC0214.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 323
  • _DSC0216.JPG
    _DSC0216.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 314
  • _DSC0217.JPG
    _DSC0217.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 336

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I've been playing with this idea for a while and this morning I was doing some sketching on a way to do pocket style hinging. The kits for the MX will obviously be laid out for standard hinging but I want to do a full working test of the pocket hinging as well. There are obviously the guy's that will come in and say "they get sloppy" and "they are less effective". There is also some theory that the air separates from the top side of the downward facing aileron in high rates roll creating an adverse yaw effect.

All those things can be addressed with the proper design (even the parts that are not really true);)

So, we cut an extra stab, and it's going in the vacuum bag in a very short while to build a construction, function and destruction test model.

pocket hinge test1.jpg