• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
Are we taking guesses? Espiritmodels? Jeti?
Come on how about a new tx/rx from the sponsor for correct guesses.

Nice try, but not Esprit or Jeti.

I'll throw in a 3DRCForms vinyl sticker if a site member guesses correctly before I announce.
(Staff, sponsors, & sponsored are excluded)

zmonster97

Here is the video of Dan and I flying our 71"/70" Slicks! We were just messing around and practicing harriers. Watch in HD.

[video=youtube;w2XAnwNdN24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2XAnwNdN24[/video]

Cmala

70cc twin V2
thanks for the video Jim

I assume the pilots were not standing right next to each other and talking?

Most things can be prevented/diffused through communication.

It's easy to be a D.B. on the internet. It's also easy to be a D.B. from the other side of the field. Not so easy to be a D.B. to someone's face.

Example "hey dude, you gonna keep smoking like that right in front of us?, some warning would have been nice, give me a second, I'll land and you can have at it"

Ben's post makes even more sense now. I think most people would have ended this differently. Hats off to Joe, Wamsy, you and the others involved for not turning it into something worse.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
thanks for the video Jim

I assume the pilots were not standing right next to each other and talking?

Most things can be prevented/diffused through communication.

It's easy to be a D.B. on the internet. It's also easy to be a D.B. from the other side of the field. Not so easy to be a D.B. to someone's face.

Example "hey dude, you gonna keep smoking like that right in front of us?, some warning would have been nice, give me a second, I'll land and you can have at it"

Ben's post makes even more sense now. I think most people would have ended this differently. Hats off to Joe, Wamsy, you and the others involved for not turning it into something worse.

I'm only leaving the video up for a very short time. I've kept it private to show the sponsors what happened, Videos don't lie, I'm sharing it here so you guys can see the truth.
To easy to develope an opinion from just conjecture and people with a vendetta against others from what they read and see in forums. No sharing the video, please, It will disappear instantly.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Total wackiness. What would someone even be thinking to go out and do that with other planes in the air. Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Unfortunate that the incident occurred. Thanks for sharing that video Jim, it really shows how dangerous it was, and how quickly people could have been hurt or planes crashed if not for the skill of the pilots flying at the time.

On a good note, I really liked the funnel hovers, and the cool maneuver with the two planes doing rolling circles around the third plane that was hovering. Nice flying!