• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION] sure thing on the engine help, just let me know

Shout out to Dennis who spent a good chunk of his evening last night talking to me on the phone about engine repairs and our mutual hobby interests. I appreciated the time, and the much needed confidence boost that I needed to tackle this project. I have all the parts ordered (I hope).

I ordered the front and rear bearings, gasket set, prop drive, and some new reeds (I don't know if I need the reeds but the pair is $1.99). I also ordered a replacement piston ring from Frank Bowman. This engine is going to be better than new!

3dNater

Ok fellas. I got the engine to this point and I'm not sure how to get the crank out. uploadfromtaptalk1412909494937.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412909505587.jpg

Vital-Rc

50cc
Remove the woodruff key, put the engine in the press with the prop hub side up, and press downwards until it pops out .

3dNater

uploadfromtaptalk1412914386861.jpg you can see a few little chunks of carbon in there and the plug is a little on the dark side (black). Would you like a pic of that as well?

I am ready to put it back together once the new ring arrives.