• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

AKfreak

150cc
I have a question to see if I have been doing this right, let's say you have to install a rudder servo control arm one tooth off because it won't center up mechanically, do you leave it and center the rudder with the cables, or do you use subtrim, and do it in the radio.

On the. JR 11x when you use subtrim, it affects the maximum deflection on the side that was corrected. That is to say that one side will deflect more than the other, because the center point has changed.

I always use subtrim to center the servo control arm and deal with mismatch of max deflection.

So what do you do?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Center mechanically as best you can and then use sub trim. Then adjust the throws. If you can't get full deflection you may have to go with a longer servo arm. What is this in, what servo and what size arm?

AKfreak

150cc
Thats they way I have been doing it, but I saw a cock eyed rudder arm at center stick on a Well known sponsored pilots plane so I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing somthing wrong.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
I've been setting up my servos in the same way. I recently read that Joe Smith uses a servo programmer to reset the center point on his servos as well as the endpoints so that the throws match in both directions.

ryan_m

100cc
Thats they way I have been doing it, but I saw a cock eyed rudder arm at center stick on a Well known sponsored pilots plane so I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing somthing wrong.
I've seen this too. I have quit worrying about subtrim to get the arm perfect. I put it on as close to center as possible, adjust linkages to get surface in center, and then adjust endpoints to get equal throw and go fly.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Quick shout out to Dennis (@superstocktx). Thanks again for all your help and advice. I re-maidened my aerobeez slick yesterday with the refurbished dle 35. It runs better now with the new ring than it ever did with the stock one. I can't wait to see what happens when it is all broken in!

It has electric like throttle response with a falcon 19x8 and has a noticeable power increase. I have not done any 3d with it yet but uplines are a thing of beauty.

AKfreak

150cc
Cool, glad to hear you are back in the air. That Plane is a tank, and I hope my new plane holds up as well as yours has. Dude you got to break free one Sunday. I go there at sunrise, and its amazing. You could come fly a few times and pack up before the family is even out of bed.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Quick shout out to Dennis (@superstocktx). Thanks again for all your help and advice. I re-maidened my aerobeez slick yesterday with the refurbished dle 35. It runs better now with the new ring than it ever did with the stock one. I can't wait to see what happens when it is all broken in!

It has electric like throttle response with a falcon 19x8 and has a noticeable power increase. I have not done any 3d with it yet but uplines are a thing of beauty.

Awesome!!.....it was all you tho, with just a little advise from me:)