• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

syzyguy

50cc
Hah yeah... I love that lil fella... This is the 2nd one... I will probably end up getting the big 60e someday... Then the PAU Bulldog :heart:. Just ordered the E-Flite Viking to see how that flies :)

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
From what I understand the 60e isn't that great. My club had 3 of them at one time, they never got flown and quickly they were all sold off. The Viking looks great and I'd have one if the gyro worked like the UMX Beast. From reading the thread you need to buy a cable and go about messing with the settings to get it to fly 3D well.

syzyguy

50cc
A receiver swap or flash is almost always in order for as3x stuff these days. The sukhoi 29mm was mostly unflyable until I threw in a new receiver. At least the Viking's receiver can be tuned and I have that cable and the app

Yes, the Sukhoi was a mess and I sold mine pretty quickly. A buddy just put together a 60e Beast. I only got to fly it for a minute or two. No 3D. He then proceeded to get his second 120cc together and that maiden should happen in the next few days if it has not already happened. His first one had a dead stick at low altitude that resulted is a hull loss.

My sister claims she will one day build the full scale model 12 she has a serial number for, but that is one serious project.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430604300.530808.jpg

I'm installing a smoke system from [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] and 4titude on the Pilot 35% Extra 260 today!

Bipenut53

150cc
Ive been looking at those...... what do you think Mike? How does the brushless motor work? Are you using the flight battery to power the smoke pump? Did you test it yet? Easy to regulate?

Sorry for the barrage of questions lol

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Mike

looking forward to your review. We've sold a lot and they seem to be working out great so far. If you get some video etc let me know

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ive been looking at those...... what do you think Mike? How does the brushless motor work? Are you using the flight battery to power the smoke pump? Did you test it yet? Easy to regulate?

Sorry for the barrage of questions lol

It was an easy installation. I am using the ignition battery for power. I'm working on programming my radio with a throttle mix and end point at 20% as I've been told anything beyond 20% is a waste of fluid and not good for the pump. I'm using Fortitude tank and smoke pump plumbing kit. For smoke fluid I'm using the robart smoke oil. I really wanted to use the fortitude dual tank tray but it was just a hair to wide for my fuse.

After I get the mix done it will be time to iron everything down and do my best to seal her up.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
A little video from my second flight today... remaiden success! Nothing amazing here :p 72 Extra life after deadstick:

[video=youtube;LqZ7k1vk9Yg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqZ7k1vk9Yg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice Nate! Got the Futaba 8fg super mix programmed for the new smoke pump!! It wasn't as hard as I was thinking it would be. So the mix starts with toggle switch sf turned on and the throttle at 25% and it maxes out at 20% throw (for the smoke pump) at full throttle. It's nice to have the graph showing what each servo is doing from the radio with out having to go to the plane and turn it in etc....