• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
July 5 is my target date to maiden my Aero-Works 50cc Edge 540. I could have it ready for this weekend but the club is having a big shindig on the 5th so I will take it out then.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
July 5 is my target date to maiden my Aero-Works 50cc Edge 540. I could have it ready for this weekend but the club is having a big shindig on the 5th so I will take it out then.

Sweet!!! Let us know how she fly's!!! I will never forget just how beautiful the covering and craftsmanship is on the aeroworks yak55 that we had for the AMA giveaway! Did your plane have a single area you needed to pull out the heat fun or iron for?

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
A small area on the turtle deck but that was about it. I did go over the whole plane and tighten it up though. Sitting in the sun here will make them look like a raisin pretty quick. This is the orange Edge 540 and I bought the decal set that looks like the covering is peeling off and there is carbon fiber underneath.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
You will like the edge from aeroworks. I had the 50&100cc. I flew the 100cc two years and as soon as a friend of mine thought i might sell it he called me up wanting it. I had a da60 in mine and it had too much power. It really needed something smaller like a 55

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
You will like the edge from aeroworks. I had the 50&100cc. I flew the 100cc two years and as soon as a friend of mine thought i might sell it he called me up wanting it. I had a da60 in mine and it had too much power. It really needed something smaller like a 55

I've mounted a DLE 60 twin under the cowl. :facepalm:

Bipenut53

150cc
Gonna be 110 here on Saturday, then 112 on Sunday..... gonna have to start flying at 6 am to get any flights in.... no real let up all next week average temp till Thursday is gonna be about 107..... then the idiots with fireworks will arrive to try to burn us down.....

clarkj

70cc twin V2
fireworks are not allowed in our city limits but the idiots come out here too. Last year someone burnt their house really bad. Hope that teaches everyone in my neighborhood a lesson.

Bipenut53

150cc
I hope so too!! The problem here is that everyone from the west side, or as we call it, the wet side lol, comes over here and they dont think about all the dry sagebrush and desert we have around here and after all that heat it is gonna be dangerously dry and all you have to do is look cross-eyed at it an poof!!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Fireworks aren't allowed in San Antonio either so all the firework stands are right on the edges of town. We are way wetter this year than in years past so I have a doubt fires will be much of an issue but some dolt will figure out a way to catch their house on fire. Special Fun Fly on Sunday the 5th with BBQ and big pot luck meal. I am going to smoke two pork shoulders for pulled pork.

Bipe - Escape the heat and come on down. You can huck the 50cc RedwingRC Yak 55.

Last edited by a moderator: