• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Been thinking more and more lately that I need to put this 100CC edge together instead of leaving it in the box. Have 2, 100CC toys, will need that trailer!!

[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION], well how do you transport the 100cc Yak if you still don't have a trailer?

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Been thinking more and more lately that I need to put this 100CC edge together instead of leaving it in the box. Have 2, 100CC toys, will need that trailer!!

You have a tow vehicle? If not, skip the trailer and get a used van. That is what one of the guys at our field did. Nothing fancy by any stretch of the imagination but he carries several planes and 2 jets in it. We tease him about creeping around neighborhoods with it offering kids free candy but I have to admit, it gets the job done.

Bipenut53

150cc
You have a tow vehicle? If not, skip the trailer and get a used van. That is what one of the guys at our field did. Nothing fancy by any stretch of the imagination but he carries several planes and 2 jets in it. We tease him about creeping around neighborhoods with it offering kids free candy but I have to admit, it gets the job done.

I also have a friend who went to a U-Haul auction and picked up one of their moving vans, works great!! He can fit all kinds of things in that thing and even has a ramp. I always thought that would be the way to go and He picked it up for around a thousand bucks. Hell for stout for hauling RC airframes.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
^Those vans have all kinds of additional fees and taxes tacked onto them here in California.

[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION], well how do you transport the 100cc Yak if you still don't have a trailer?

FB_IMG_1438811438618.jpg

Fits right into the Jeep like a glove!!

My Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has a 5.2L in it, it'll pull a 6x12 no problem.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
That is amazing [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]. I would not have thought it would fit. A guy showed up one day at our field with a Jeep Grand Cheeroke, he had an electric 91 AJ Slick jammed in, just barely fit, the rudder was up near the dashboard.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You're good to go then. I have a 7x14 with 6'6" headroom that I tow with a 5.0L F-150. You should be fine.

The 5.2 Chrysler block may not be a super high HP engine (I think it makes about 230hp on a good day) but it does make a decent torque figure, considering how choked up it is due to emissions (300ft lb). Should pull a 6x12 with nothing but a few airplanes, a toolbox, and misc support equipment inside without issue ;)

That is amazing [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]. I would not have thought it would fit. A guy showed up one day at our field with a Jeep Grand Cheeroke, he had an electric 91 AJ Slick jammed in, just barely fit, the rudder was up near the dashboard.

I know my 1996 has a lot of space inside of it, the newer models got smaller inside, but bigger outside...

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Shameless Plug Follows!!! Mike - Feel free to move this if it should go somewhere else.

AMA Today comes out tomorrow. (8/6) A very very good friend of mine is the subject of the Member Spotlight column. Tom and I go back some 10 years. One day he was driving to a woodworking (how we met) trade show and completely forgot where he was going and why. It really freaked him out. A visit to his Dr revealed he had Early Onset Alzheimer's. He returned to RC after a 25 yr absence to try and keep his brain busy and currently maintains multiple websites, one of which is FlyingRC.net which I proudly have the side of my trailer. The combination of building, flying and maintaining his websites has kept his brain busy and to the astonishment of his Dr, slowed the progression of the disease. I encourage those of you here to go to his website and check it out. I think you will like what you see. I'll follow up tomorrow to see what y'all think.

trailer.jpg