• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok guys.... Here is an assignment, I would love to get together in mid spring to fly with you. I think we need to find a field to fly at in the Portland area that we can do a spring fly before everything gets going. Maybe there is already an event happening then in that area. If not lets set something up so we can get the flying season going on a good note..... Just a thought..... anyone know of a place we can meet up? I could hook up to my 5th wheel and stay a night or two.... Then the next obstacle is a date but we can work that out.... Already got the itch!!!!

My thought is lets keep it informal and come if you can... Maybe on a weekend......

Last edited by a moderator:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
That sounds fun, would be tricky for me living in Alaska and all. But Portland is relatively close, have friends there too. It's expensive to ship a larger plane, especially with size restrictions for oversize baggage, ect. May just have to get a couple electrics that fit in a box... Hmmmmm

Bipenut53

150cc
That sounds fun, would be tricky for me living in Alaska and all. But Portland is relatively close, have friends there too. It's expensive to ship a larger plane, especially with size restrictions for oversize baggage, ect. May just have to get a couple electrics that fit in a box... Hmmmmm

Well Nick, I have a 91" Extreme Flight Extra that would scratch your itch if you were able to make it down here..... It would be great to have you come down!!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the kind offer! That's the one you have for sale ya? I wish I had means of transporting that thing back to AK!! Ha

Bipenut53

150cc
Well I decided to keep it and put the project I had in mind on hold for a bit until I get the funds to have both!! It shouldnt be too much of a stretch if I do it in stages..... Might even be able to bring it in the spring..... I would also have a few other planes to fly too Nick so if you can get yourself down here then Im sure you would have a good time

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
This presents a good example of this FAA registration. So it's your "UAS", with potentially your number on it, operated by someone else... So would that mean the operator would have to have their number affixed to the aircraft ??? Interesting scenario

Bipenut53

150cc
This presents a good example of this FAA registration. So it's your "UAS", with potentially your number on it, operated by someone else... So would that mean the operator would have to have their number affixed to the aircraft ??? Interesting scenario

Ok never thought of that but, I am also a Amateur Radio operator, and the FCC allows us to let non licensed people operate our radio gear and talk with other people with us present, I am sure that we wouldnt have a problem lol but very interesting thought Nick! and no problem at all!! This is one of the big reasons I enjoy this hobby... it brings like minded people together to have a good time!!