• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Is there a "mission statement" or similar for this website somewhere? I think I kinda sorta know how it came to be and I at least think I know what nitch its supposed to fill, but I'm still curious about the straight scoop.

So far I gotta say it looks fun though. All the fun of rcgroups but w/o the drama and corporate sellouts. :eek: :p

I just hope that this stays a place where 3D flyers can hangout together without any of the brand BS, and give honest advice to each other. RCG became useless to me when myself and others started getting points for saying anything remotely negative towards big site sponors. If I can't get/give honest advice, then what's the point? I might as well be reading a propaganda filled, ad driven magazine at that point.

The last warning/point that I got at RCG was for a common phrase that came up with over 24 pages of results on their site when I searched it. When I tried to argue it, I was basically told that the site sponsor didn't like me talking negatively (truthfully) about their product, so they wanted me punished. That place is run by money now, and isn't about the modellers anymore. They've forgotten why the sponsors are there in the first place. Hopefully Gyro stays cool after he's rich enough to get his own full scale aerobatic hotrod! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just hope that this stays a place where 3D flyers can hangout together without any of the brand BS, and give honest advice to each other. RCG became useless to me when myself and others started getting points for saying anything remotely negative towards big site sponors. If I can't get/give honest advice, then what's the point? I might as well be reading a propaganda filled magazine at that point.

we're working on a site mission/vision statement... but to answer you directly, yes. We founded this site on a couple of core principles (not all inclusive):
1- we are not in this for the money. we all have full time jobs or other income sources, we're doing this site out of passion for our hobby. if we make a couple bucks in the end, thats just a bonus.
2- honest and factual reviews are encouraged. name calling and "pot stirring" are not. As long as comments are objective, factual, and overall supportive of each other, rock on!
3- WE DON'T LIKE "CAMPS". We are one community here: 3D flyers. We try to support each other, and the vendors we love. This means acceptance of competitors and mutual respect. I'm not saying not to support your favorite brands, but I am saying not to trash the other brands or their team guys. Remember, at the end of the day, "We're all here for 3D:cool:" (thanks Joe :eek:)

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Hello peeps? I been busy with life. I am gonna do some flying this weekend wind,rain,sleet or snow:D