• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

AKfreak

150cc
So some of you know I went to Reno a few weeks back. Some of you also know that I am a photographer. So Mix planes and a photo OP, you never know what may happen. I spent a large portion of Sunday in the Pits, but with so many people, it's hard to make a photo without some straggler wandering in the frame. I did manage to do a Shoot of Nigel Lambs MXS-R. What a cool cool plane. The entire air frame is Carbon Fiber that they painted Yellow. I wont bore you will all my photos, but here is a cool one.
15395356621_7aaae3ec3a_b.jpg

I also ran into Mark Leesberg (pretty famous RC pilot). at the Extra Booth. I did a Photoshoot of one of the coolest Extras I have ever seen. Again I wont bore you ;)
15211858359_785bdf3fc1_b.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Fellas I had the misfortune of crashing my 35cc aerobeez slick straight into the ground on Saturday. The prop hub hit first. Surprisingly the plane is fixable with repairs underway. My question relates to the dle 35. It feels like the bearings are ruined as it turns pretty rough now. Anyone have any experience tearing an engine down to replace bearings etc. I would love to hear about the difficulty of the task as well as the cost involved and the tools needed. I am pretty handy in general and have had these engines apart in the past. I have never replaced the bearings though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Fellas I had the misfortune of crashing my 35cc aerobeez slick straight into the ground on Saturday. The prop hub hit first. Surprisingly the plane is fixable with repairs underway. My question relates to the dle 35. It feels like the bearings are ruined as it turns pretty rough now. Anyone have any experience tearing an engine down to replace bearings etc. I would love to hear about the difficulty of the task as well as the cost involved and the tools needed. I am pretty handy in general and have had these engines apart in the past. I have never replaced the bearings though.
[MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION] has done it a lot

Sorry about the crash Nate

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
I'm sorry about your mishap 3dNater. I mashed up my 56" AJ Aircraft Laser a week ago...beyond repair. I hope the repairs go well for you.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G

It's not to bad, I've rebuilt a ton of airplane engines...Mintor, DLE, TMM, 3W, etc etc.. I use to be the Mintor engines North American service tech for 3.5 years.

The first thing you'd want to check is the crank and hub nut, make sure they aren't bent, use a dial indicator to do this. The prop hub retaining nut is usually a booger to get off unless you use an impact, I have a custom prop hub puller I made once the nut is off. Then disassemble the engine, check all parts for damage. Those should be standard size bearing you can buy at any auto parts store or powersports dealer. I like to use the ALL-BALLS bearings(made in USA) I purchase at the powersports dealer I work for during the day. NSK bearings(Japan) are good also.

The bearings should have a number on them like 6203 or S6203 for example, depending on if it's a sealed bearing or not. the nose bearing will be a sealed bearing, the other bearing is general not, open to internal gas oil mix. The nose bearing could be different from the other bearing, so check both numbers.

The bearings will press in and out once you have the crank out.