• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Ive wanted one for the last 5 years

I don't blame you, in my opinion, those are one of the top two bipes in the size!! I see Krill came out with one not too long ago but the price tag is pretty heavy.... I hope you keep us updated on how it goes!!

Last edited by a moderator:

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Well im not sure if i will do a build thread. Its going to be slow finishing. I work at an aluminum smelter and we lost 2 of the 3 potlines 2 weeks ago to an electrical failure. With already low aluminum proces and other problems withing the corporation they are laying off about half of the work force. Fortunately I dont anticipate getting laid off. However we are getting no overtime and thats where most of my hobby money comes from. Its been so depressing at work seeing all these people leaving and not knowing when they will cone back I havent even thought about working on a plane right now. The good news is i dont have to buy much more for it to be able to finish

Bipenut53

150cc
Yeah our area has been hit hard with the aluminum industry, years ago Keiser in Spokane was shut down and now just announced that Alcoa Wenatchee works is closing this year after 63 years of operations because of cheap Chinese aluminum. That is going to have a huge impact in north central Washington... Really sad to see.... I have had several relatives work for them in the past.. Hope your company will survive because we need these companies in the US

clarkj

70cc twin V2
At our union meeting last week international rep said they have worked on steel import and since china is stepping up aluminum operation they are looking at going after aluminum now

aronph

70cc twin V2
I work at Wheel Medic in Columbus, OH. We see WAY more foreign wheels that US made ones. Even "high end" companies like BMW/Mercades are making their wheels in China. Audi/VW tho still make pretty serious rims in Germany/Poland/Austria.

Bipenut53

150cc
Yeah unfortunately that is true on the truck side too. Used to be that if you saw an aluminum wheel on a semi truck you would be able to see the Alcoa symbol on it somewhere, not so much anymore.