• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Happiness is thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I normally fly 3d and sport planes. That Corsair would be awesome to have though! I would be a glow- tard and put an OS 450 seven in it. But probably will never happen for me. That combo would be 2k more than what I got in my biggest baddest plane.
I priced out how I would have it all done and it floored me! Just under 7k!! Who says money can't buy happiness:).

camss69

70cc twin V2
I normally fly 3d and sport planes. That Corsair would be awesome to have though! I would be a glow- tard and put an OS 450 seven in it. But probably will never happen for me. That combo would be 2k more than what I got in my biggest baddest plane.
I priced out how I would have it all done and it floored me! Just under 7k!! Who says money can't buy happiness:).

Same here, I mostly just fly giant scale 3d stuff. To say it's a poor man's Corsair isn't exactly right though.. I made the mistake of adding everything up also.. So then I just pretended I did the math wrong and bought it anyway lol! I figure I'll just buy what I can when I can for it and eventually I'll get it done....someday.

The Evoultion radial is a glow motor but it is happy on only 7-9% oil content and 0-10% Nitro. Apparently it leaves very little mess on the plane unlike a typical a glow motor. The Saito radials are 20:1 oil and from what I understand leave quite a mess even though they are gasoline. The Evolution motor gets pretty good reviews, and is less expensive than the Saito 84 @ $1300.. You could always slap a G62 on it which I see for less than $300 but man it just looks funny in the air with the sound my 3D planes make. I'm also considering the Saito 57 twin, it also has a nice sound to it.

I was thinking about doing a build (assembly) thread on here.. Check out the fiberglass center section of the wing... Comes in its own box, it's a pretty impressive ARF.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It is a very high quality and very nicely done ARF. And in all honesty.....I can do decent with a "go to" or beater plane. But put me behind the sticks on something over 2k and I SHAKE like a Doc Johnson's marital aid. Does not matter if it is 3d or scale. I sweat hard . Then it gets in my eyes and burns. Hey I'm having FUN though!:rolleyes:.

Now If I were in your shoes... a radial will let you reap great pleasure. And you only having to lay on your butt!;) (this is coded slang for running a radial on the ground):big-grin:.

QUOTE="stangflyer, post: 67756, member: 257"]Like this one? Not as big but flew just like his real life counter part.
View attachment 25368[/QUOTE]
I'm jealous. has great looking missile and you really didn't have to do that.:LOL_gif:

Last edited: