• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made it the field but the ground was still hard and frozen the sky perfect blue and the temperature not to cold but the wind was 30mph plus. Just walked around trying to convince my self to fly but nothing was unpacked and went home again.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Made it the field but the ground was still hard and frozen the sky perfect blue and the temperature not to cold but the wind was 30mph plus. Just walked around trying to convince my self to fly but nothing was unpacked and went home again.

Sounds very familiar!! Ground was saturated with melting snow, but still ice on the runway, gusty, and about 30F in the shade. Oh looks like they say it’s going to snow today... sniff sniff. Soooo ready for spring. I think we are on our third winter lol
Makes me wish I had a ski plane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BalsaDust

97A37656-CA2D-4757-8EAA-B3299BBF2CCE.jpeg
3F729FFD-7C8D-4AAC-AAE3-C3F5CD656F60.jpeg
A0C8508A-ABD5-4E3A-AC98-CA00226ADE03.jpeg
Took my twisted hobbies Velocity out in the yard for a couple of flights. Caught the wing tip in the tall weeds and sucked it in for a cartwheel. Ripped the motor off the front as well. No biggie though as it will be ready again in no time. Hit hard enough to seperate the case on the RX as well.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Nope yard is plenty big. I have flown 20cc profiles out there just wasn’t paying attention to how close I was to one spot and it grabbed me.

Easy fix though. A little of glue and it’s all one piece again.
Just a quick question when you workout your wing area is it just the wings or do you add in the fuselage.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to agree with love float flying is a blast just do not do enough0f it. On a hot summer day and just doing touch and goes. The only thing is we have to drag a lot of stuff with us like a bout and all the gear that goes with the boat and safety junk just in case we have to retrieve a plane. Looks like a nice place to fly and it open.