• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

BalsaDust

Maidened the 84” TurboBushmaster!!
What a nice flying plane! Zero trim!! I forgot the top battery hatch, but that didn’t stop me. 8min of scale flying for my 4200 6S
I loved playing with the flaps, with a light breeze it just floats. I only used low rates, but super responsive plane, and felt great in the air. Very locked in with my 18SZ too!
ee0bf6a45ac8618c5ee90501a1711683.jpg

The TBM fits in the F150 with the wings attached barley!!!!
b798cd3f67d6d3b0609925769ab082c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have flown my buddy’s and it’s an awesome flying plane. Now flip it into high rates, take it up high, full down elevator and work the throttle and it will quite literally just rotate around the wing. I wish they made it so it could handle a 20cc gas engine as it’s to big of an electric setup for me

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah I have flown my buddy’s and it’s an awesome flying plane. Now flip it into high rates, take it up high, full down elevator and work the throttle and it will quite literally just rotate around the wing. I wish they made it so it could handle a 20cc gas engine as it’s to big of an electric setup for me

Ooooo that sounds fun!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Went flying finally!! Four gas tanks and four 6S batteries drained!
Had to level the field a bit with the truck. It’s feeling like spring finally.
adee3df208679a220382f6f74b2bfe3c.jpg

Remaidened my 73” AJ laser with the new transmitter, in eventful, very happy to be flying my gasser again. Spring mud fling! Worked on my 3D knife edge turns. Need to dial down my ailerons a bit, kinda touchy still for me. Worked on my throttle curve as well.

d030fb23b97e40865fd7ef31fec1f001.jpg

Bushmaster needs some mud flaps! Finally played with high rates and wow. This plane keeps putting a smile on my face!

7a3eb442fc85efafc640425b3bf5b916.jpg

Remaidened the 60” Extra 300EXP with the new Tx , felt right at home with it. Tail got pretty muddy too.

8ff9c86c653433fb4f89e1daf43db60b.jpg

Spent about 4.5 hours at the field total, made me happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Really starting to get anxious to go flying. Been to the field several times but just can not make it from the road to the runway it is about 1km from road and the road is not passable. One time it was so soft we go stuck and that was it and we just got another pile of snow and the drifts are just to big to get through them.