• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm at home looking out the window watching nothing. Of course 30 minutes north of me at the field it's rained twice already today with more on the way.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I'm at home looking out the window watching nothing. Of course 30 minutes north of me at the field it's rained twice already today with more on the way.
We got over an inch of rain so far today here in Sullivan. Can’t complain though cause we need it bad. Been the driest year I can remember.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We got over an inch of rain so far today here in Sullivan. Can’t complain though cause we need it bad. Been the driest year I can remember.
We've had a fair amount of rain here over the last few weeks. Of course three inches of it was the afternoon of the Midwest Air Wing Big Bird flyin.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Here's the new club I joined runway. Up in the north Georgia hills so I don't have the luxury of endless runway like some do. Don't let your plane dip below the runway on a flyby approach. :frown_gif:

20180729_145436.jpg

20180729_140628.jpg

20180729_165135.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here's the new club I joined runway. Up in the north Georgia hills so I don't have the luxury of endless runway like some do. Don't let your plane dip below the runway on a flyby approach. :frown_gif:

View attachment 104670

View attachment 104671

View attachment 104672

300' runway? Maybe more. Enough for my 100cc planes but the dip below the end of the runway got me today.
Yikes.... what a nasty shame. The field I used to fly at was similar in some respects. The runway was about 400'. And dropped off on "both" ends. Not to mention 50' to the north and it is a deep canyon to the housing development below. Oh you can fly glow guzzlers and fity cc'ers all day long. But if you plan to fly anything else, you best be on your best approach. Cuz it don't end pretty if you aren't. Dang sorry to see that David. Ah but You do know, if that Yak is Pilot RC... Tony will send you the wood for free. Just pay shipping. Or is it SD or TOC/Thundertiger?