• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here's the new club I joined runway. Up in the north Georgia hills so I don't have the luxury of endless runway like some do. Don't let your plane dip below the runway on a flyby approach. :frown_gif:

View attachment 104670

View attachment 104671

View attachment 104672
That honestly looks like a spittin' image of my SD 33%. Only bigger.
20171119_135316.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I heard some "Hill Billy" talkin about endless runway's or was that just some yak-end I heard ? :laughing:

Just trying to cheer ya up. Sorry about your misfortune. I bet people learn REAL fast at that site!:yesss:.

Ya got to admit......Sounds like something Al Bundy would say :banana-dance:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Don't worry about it. I found a rtf Aeroworks Edge with a DA120 close by and at a good price. Should be back in the air next week.
That did not take you long , good for you will all ready for next weekend.
As if I would expect anything less. LOL....That's awesome David. Sorry about the loss of your Yak, but hey.... a darned good reason for acquiring a new bird huh?
View attachment 104676
good to see your maiden went well and you are thrilled about the plane. Nice to have spent the time and after all that work to end up with a good flying plane.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That did not take you long , good for you will all ready for next weekend.

good to see your maiden went well and you are thrilled about the plane. Nice to have spent the time and after all that work to end up with a good flying plane.
Thanks so much. Just glad it's done...whew. LOL

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well was out at the field yesterday and did the maiden flight on my 20cc Edge. When I had originally built it it came in at 9 lbs 8 oz. and from all the info on this sight that would be to heavy for a 20cc plane and would not do 3D well. From what I was led to believe 7 1/2 lbs should be the target for this size of plane. So after a total rebuild of the plane I managed to get it down to 8 lbs 3 oz. Flew the plane it flew well but was extremely sensitive made some changes it helped but not enough will try to make some more changes at home to help this. Also found out that the muffler came lose. And that the plane flew a little nose heavy but I kind of new that it would be, make some small changes to the CG to see the effects. But I have to agree with the you guys that 8 lbs 3oz is to heavy for a 20cc. It will hang on the propeller but just barely pull out. It will do a knife edge loop but barely, it definitely needs to lose some more weight but I do not how I will do that because I have done everything I can except to start cutting up the plane and right now I am not prepared to do that. I have also come to the conclusion that I like to fly 50cc and bigger.
C03788A6-9C04-4323-8ED0-DB9951821146.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well after the 7th flight I made a minor mistake and the 20cc Edge is no more, doing a backwards knife edge figure 8 I pulled instead pushed. And that was it into the been field. But It was still a good day at the field. Broke some minor things destroyed one servo, muffler, fuselage and spark plug and the cap, also broke off the choke arm that’s all I can see right now. Will take a better look at the engine tomorrow and see what all I have to order to get things back up to snuff.
This is the fuselage hung up out of the way for the meantime. It will not be rebuilt. Just thinking if I should remove the rudder and stabilizer for a future project.
59F43C99-1ADA-4796-8107-0365C9FA8A08.jpeg

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well after the 7th flight I made a minor mistake and the 20cc Edge is no more doing backwards knife edge figure 8 I pulled instead pushed. And that was it into been field. But Ir was still a good day at the field. Broke some minor things destroyed one servo, muffler, fuselage and spark plug and the cap, also broke off the choke arm that all I can see right now. Will take a better look at the engine tomorrow and see what all I have ordere to get things back up to snuff.
This the fuselage hung up out of the way for the meantime. It will not be rebuilt. Just thinking if I should remove the rudder and stabilizer for a future project.
View attachment 104782
Damn the luck. :(