Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Buddy5303, Jan 1, 2018.

1. @stangflyer that one attempt where the tail was bouncing is a sign of tail heavy, it drops you raise kinda thing. But more importantly it look's like you need far less travel on the elevator for landing, looked like a lot of over compensating and sensitivity going on. Other than that it was great to see it air born and down in one piece. Congrats! Very happy for you!

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

My buddies Top Flight P-51 landed very well for his first landing with it. The take off however was not so pretty but I will say I was amazed that it was in the air very quickly! Flies really well with a DLE 55RA and 22x10 prop. 20181104-211315.JPG 20181104-211331.JPG 20181104-211345.JPG 20181104-211356.JPG

Snoopy1, Luchnia, dhal22 and 3 others like this.
  3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Speaking of landing.....Some one wheel action with the Chunk 'O' Foam this weekend.

20181103-221832.JPG 20181103-221950.JPG

Snoopy1, Luchnia, dhal22 and 3 others like this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    yeah buddy!

stangflyer and 49dimes like this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I almost forgot to mention... NICE PHOTOS!!! Clear and Beautiful!!!! I'm sure I speak for everyone else here.... glad you got a new camera :mario-banana:

6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Thanks! Yep...The Go-Pro Session does take some great shots. Glad I "Upgraded"...….Finally lol:face-palm:.

7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Yup, can't agree with you more. I am pretty sure she is tail heavy. That will be changed soon. As for the travel? I believe the balance is affecting that a lot. On low rates, it actually did about the same thing. And believe it or not, I have 75% expo dialed in on those elevators on high rates. Yeah, she is tail heavy. LOL

I will say this also. The weight of Marie is not excessive. Actually she is pretty light for her size. And this makes me think a lot about the big DS soon to be built. The Kolm 230 is 18.5 pounds of pure raw beast power. Do I really want that much weight on an already heavy (by standards) warbird? Now I am starting to second guess myself. The 3w 110cs (which by the way would fly that big "Stang" like gang busters) is less than half the weight of the Kolm.

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Some nice flying love the beautiful open area and blue skies. That little Mustang had you sweating there or a while but it all turned out great looks good in the air. Agree with all you guys tail heavy and need some down thrust in the motor. Also I belive you have a lot more than about 20 degrees of up elevator in the the plane , just my observations from looking at the video.
    Love how your little dog just sits there behind you watching you fly and not even on a leash.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    49dimes, pawnshopmike and stangflyer like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    The camera work now is great and clear, big improvement and also not upside down.

49dimes, pawnshopmike and stangflyer like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Do not start second guessing your self now, the Mustang you are going to build is a lot bigger and can carry weight a lot better than a small Mustang, small Mustang’s have always been one of the more difficult planes to fly. And I can not see you giving up on that big 4 bladed propeller and let’s not forget the sound.

stangflyer likes this.