Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Buddy5303, Jan 1, 2018.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Down thrust is right on the money. Control throws are the same as when it had the Saito 180 on it. Flew and landed great. What has changed is the DLE 35 and the freaking Gail force winds. The Saito as you know is a beast motor. The 35 is pretty light. The Saito is just shy of 3 pounds, the 35 is 2.02 pounds. Huge difference. Plus I dont have the heavy four blade prop and tank killer spinner up front. So the reduced 1 plus pounds off the nose made a huge difference combined with the wind. No worries. She flew and really well. And looks bad ass in the air. Minor weight correction and she will be golden.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Had a very successful event at the NEW AMA Expo West venue at the Pomona Fairplex!!! Not only did we fly foamies, but us vendors were granted special access to fly giant scale on the new outdoor flight line. It certainly brought an exciting new twist to the same old show.

20181103_102509.jpg 20181103_132744(0).jpg 20181103_132936.jpg 20181103_135453.jpg 20181104_094334.jpg

49dimes, Alky6, WMcNabb and 6 others like this.
  3. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Jetpainter and Xpress like this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Finally went flying, temps just below 50F, slight shifting breeze made it kinda unique and fun, no rain! got about 30min of flying with the 73" laser on the new Redline Oil. I must say it doesn't smell as good as the STHL Ultra. Engine sounded great after the first 10 min. Didn't have to adjust any needles, or anything. No excess residue. So a pretty easy switch to the king of two cycle oils.

Jetpainter, 49dimes, Luchnia and 3 others like this.