• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
36F after 9min I couldn’t feel the tip of my left thumb. :cryin:

9325D570-8902-4CDC-9983-9850CBF87008.jpeg note the bald eagle flying past.
I scared another one I didn't see out of a tree when I was flying past it eye level. whoopsie! sorry mr eagle.

Light sprinkles of soft rain... lead to rain. So I got about 15min of flying in. Played with my trottle curve a bit. And then had to call it quits.:cautious:
D9907EF3-234A-42F6-AEFC-F3BFAF7B2E5C.jpeg

One flight is better than no flight!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
36F after 9min I couldn’t feel the tip of my left thumb. :cryin:

View attachment 106899 note the bald eagle flying past.
I scared another one I didn't see out of a tree when I was flying past it eye level. whoopsie! sorry mr eagle.

Light sprinkles of soft rain... lead to rain. So I got about 15min of flying in. Played with my trottle curve a bit. And then had to call it quits.:cautious:
View attachment 106900

One flight is better than no flight!
Well it has really turned cold in my area it is 14 degrees Fahrenheit right now and the wind is 20 mph minimum. Defiantly not flying weather

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well it has really turned cold in my area it is 14 degrees Fahrenheit right now and the wind is 20 mph minimum. Defiantly not flying weather
Sorry friend. It actually got up to 55 here today. Had I known the weather would be so nice, I would have attempted a little Turkey day flying myself. I decided to stay in doors and watch t.v. instead. LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I had planned to go flying today. I had everything ready, the weather looked awesome for this time of year, I got up early, then I went back to bed because my back was killing me.:( It's fine now, but trying to put a 21 pound turkey in the oven this morning hurt like hell.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 106937 Snuck in one flight. Played with my Throttle curve a bit more. Also took away some expo in the elevator on high rates. Found myself chasing the sticks in a hover. Took out 10% and it’s much better!
You are correct on that one I found my self removing a little at a time out of my expo for 3D and it helped but I am still keeping in the same amount for my pattern type flying.