• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

As @ChickenBalls @emtp275 know, Yep. I fly lots of different stuff, well lately not fly lots of different stuff, but the broad range of things to fly is what makes this hobby awesome! Slowly getting out of glow but still break one of them out every now and then, well actually more now than then lately, so having fun with what you got is all that counts. Now if I can just get time on that Ultimate build.:LOL_gif:

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Found the expiration date on my Mojo today! Was doing a flat spin and pulled out at about 20 feet, the engine quit, and I was out of altitude and airspeed. I thought I had it saved about 4 feet above the ground, then it rolled and caught a wing. The right wing absolutely exploded, no repairing it. Nothing was damaged except the airframe, which is totaled. Turns out the clunk line came off inside the tank, causing the deadstick. I built it from a kit in 2007 and it survived 8 years of serious abuse and non-wheel landings, so I was actually able to laugh it off and not even feel bad, it didn't owe me a thing! Not bad for a $79 kit plane. Ordering two more Mojo kits this week, that plane is way to fun to not have at least one in the hanger at all times.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Too bad that happened, at least you can get another. Lots of great planes have been discontiued. I got my radio on the charger for a few and gonna go fly for a bit, supposed to get windy till Friday again.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Turns out Paul has a wing repair kit, so I can either try to repair it in the plane or build a new wing on the table and take apart the fuselage to install it. Not sure which, but I'll still order another kit at the same time, have to keep one on the shelf! No flying today, need to get the mower out and un-winterize the irrigation system. Maybe tomorrow!

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I'm going flying tomorrow eve before I blow a gasket. Last week sucked, and the start of this one isn't much better ( I HATE PEOPLE)

On a more serious note my friend Mr, Herb goes into hospital for a pace maker Thur., Doc say's how old are ya Herb, 88 he says, Doc say's bout time something wore out on ya. Please keep him in your prayers

aerocowboy82

Holy Sh!t!!!
Anybody that can win the low inverted pass contest with a full throttle pass gets my vote! I also have to say I've never seen a cub do a crankshaft until you were flying that one at the IMAC freestyle. Can't wait to see your new cub!
Thanks Terry! The crankshaft is awesome but I still get a queasy feeling in my gut when I think about the low inverted passes with the cub.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Holy crap! The weather was great today and I was able to get out and fly. I maidened the EF Edge and had a little issue with a servo not finding center, but other than that it was great. Flew the EF Extra with the MVVS again and loved it. You can do lots of silly things with that setup. @Terryscustom was there throwing down also. I think he got some go pro action also.

3D-Joy

50cc
I flew today along with 5 other friends. Our asphalt runway was 80% clear of its snow and the grass area was still completely covered with snow and ice. Most converted to wheels but 2 planes flew on skis.
Can't wait to get out my more serious planes.

I'm gonna need my truck to tug my trailer to the field, when I want to go. Being laid up in bed, sucks to no end. Then when I need to do something around the house, I'm in a wheel chair. I have never felt so useless before in my life.

Right now, my truck is hooked up to my other trailer at my buddy's place. I've got an itch that needs scratched. The anti itch cream is called exhaust fumes from a 36% Corvus!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got to fly today!!!! Few pics from @thelaw 's cub. Video loading that includes a 2 minute on board deadstick landing!!!!!:dancing-chicken:
GOPR6189.JPG

Attachments

• GOPR6478.JPG
    GOPR6478.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 163
  • GOPR6484.JPG
    GOPR6484.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 159
  • GOPR6504.JPG
    GOPR6504.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 196
  • GOPR6509.JPG