• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Went out last night and tonight for a total of 7 more flights on the 330lx with the zdz180. What a monster :) I think I may have figured out a secret to starting the engine tonight. 3 flips with the choke, turn the choke off and 3 more flips and we are running. Will see if that same procedure works the next time I go out.
I would love to see/hear that 180 wailing in person. But a video would suffice. Maybe that sweet daughter of yours will shoot some footage of that bad a$$ in action?! :yesss:

The temps have cooled off some and it looks to be a great weekend for getting some flying in. Going to start the weekend off right bright and early tomorrow morning with some RCGF 120 huckin'. Then probably get a couple more flights in on the recently gasserized Cessna.

Sunday will be a repeat of last week. Some relaxing precision flying with the 3dub 170 Sukhoi. Heck, who knows? Might even try to get a little tail. :laughing:As in rudder bumpin'!:banana-dance:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob, @stangflyer, here is a link to the maiden video. Not sure if you have seen it yet or not. This is with the 29x12EVO 3 blade that has stayed in place since the initial run :) Just some mild IMAC type flying.

I dunno Mark. Doesn't look as though it has much power. And why does it sound like it's only running on two cylinders? :lol2:

Seriously, looks pretty sweet. I still am considering a 180 in the near future.

thurmma

150cc
does it sound like it's only running on two cylinders?
I guess I should kick the other two in and get some real power :) Already looking at the 224 for a possible future project :) Can't imagine what kind of power it has with what the 180 is putting out :) I have a total of 20 flights on the engine and I still land with a big grin on my face every time. Thanks again go to Joe and Nicole from ZDZ USA!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I guess I should kick the other two in and get some real power :) Already looking at the 224 for a possible future project :) Can't imagine what kind of power it has with what the 180 is putting out :) I have a total of 20 flights on the engine and I still land with a big grin on my face every time. Thanks again go to Joe and Nicole from ZDZ USA!
That is so awesome. I am really happy for you. Maybe I ought to cons2that four banger too.:yesss:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well........Not a quad. Not a 180. Not even a 120. Just a couple of cylinders of 70cc bad ass going to the field today!

20160610_134905.jpg