• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Me too!(old fat guy that is lol). Had fun though it was only a couple of flights. New EME 60 ran like a charm:). Was only 88 degrees and sun was behind the clouds but the humidity was 70% and was choking hard to get a breath.

20160612_161420.jpg

thurmma

150cc
Got back from an IMAC contest in Broken Arrow, OK this afternoon. Had a blast and am VERY HAPPY that my 330LX is still in one piece! My unknown today didn't go so well. One would think that a simple split-s with 3/4 roll followed by an opposite 3/4 roll on exit wouldn't be that much of an issue but, when you have never flown that one specific maneuver, the 3/4 to opposite 3/4 rolls, it can turn into a nightmare REALLY FAST. The only thing I can figure is that I wasn't wings level, dummy, when I started the first roll and things went downhill fast, literally. I was lucky enough to gather my wits and realize that I was inverted and pushed out to a vertical to save the plane. That blunder cost me 3rd place. All I had to do was score something in all of the elements and I had 3rd locked up. At the end of the day I can say that I was just happy to have been able to finally be competitive in Intermediate, the first time since the season started.

Watch out for the rest of the season :) I will be practicing heavily and will be placing before the season is over :)

pawnshopmike

Staff member
One of the guys at the club, Jim, was singing your praises today. He said he went to buy one thing, and ended up spending a pile of money with you. ;)
Jim is my new best friend! :D

Speaking of Midwest Air Wing, I got an email from them tonight about the All Electric Fly-in on June 25th. Wish I could be there cause I have a ton of electric stuff. But I'll be in Colorado on the 25th. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year. Sounds like a great time.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Got back from an IMAC contest in Broken Arrow, OK this afternoon. Had a blast and am VERY HAPPY that my 330LX is still in one piece! My unknown today didn't go so well. One would think that a simple split-s with 3/4 roll followed by an opposite 3/4 roll on exit wouldn't be that much of an issue but, when you have never flown that one specific maneuver, the 3/4 to opposite 3/4 rolls, it can turn into a nightmare REALLY FAST. The only thing I can figure is that I wasn't wings level, dummy, when I started the first roll and things went downhill fast, literally. I was lucky enough to gather my wits and realize that I was inverted and pushed out to a vertical to save the plane. That blunder cost me 3rd place. All I had to do was score something in all of the elements and I had 3rd locked up. At the end of the day I can say that I was just happy to have been able to finally be competitive in Intermediate, the first time since the season started.

Watch out for the rest of the season :) I will be practicing heavily and will be placing before the season is over :)
I was keeping up with the scores and thought that's what must have happened. Dang unknowns, one slip up can kill you.

thurmma

150cc
Dang unknowns, one slip up can kill you.
For a minute it looked like a free style routine :) but, the rest of the scores weren't to bad considering my hands were shaking worse than my first contest last year. I went home and flew it on the simulator and I am pretty sure I figured out what happened. I probably stayed in the rudder just a touch to long and then tried to catch up with it on the last 1/4 of the first roll and that is when things "Got Funky!"

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Jim is my new best friend! :D

Speaking of Midwest Air Wing, I got an email from them tonight about the All Electric Fly-in on June 25th. Wish I could be there cause I have a ton of electric stuff. But I'll be in Colorado on the 25th. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year. Sounds like a great time.
I had forgotten totally about that. I'm going to try and get out there, but Saturdays can be a challenge for me. Jeff, the guy that's running it is one of the Sunday diehards that fly with my buddy Tony and I. He was showing me his new charger setup Sunday. It was built by Kelly from Revo, and all I can say is WOW!