• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Me thinks it all can suck at times when things don't go right. Specially when it is 94 degrees.

Just got back. No flights. Radio just wont talk to my new servos :ugh!:. Did run the engine! Boy is it sweet just to see it idle.

These new H50B Blue Birds don't like my Futaba R6014HS or FS receivers. Looks like the SF Pro is going in.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Me thinks it all can suck at times when things don't go right. Specially when it is 94 degrees.
I'm trying to decide what airplane I'm taking to the field Sunday since it's supposed to be 98. I really want to fly my Carf Extra and see if the GP61 is running better, but having trouble when it's that hot really sucks. So, I'm thinking of taking my Pilot Edge since the old DA always runs.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Years ago K&B made a 60 Twister with a tuned pipe. Gold in color, one piece head and cylinder. Another guy told he had the engine and pipe didn't have a use for it, he said he wanted $30. Not anything close to a regular K&B, likes lots of that slimy spendy fuel tho.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Just got back. No flights. Radio just wont talk to my new servos :ugh!:. Did run the engine! Boy is it sweet just to see it idle.

These new H50B Blue Birds don't like my Futaba R6014HS or FS receivers. Looks like the SF Pro is going in.
That is very odd. Never heard of a servo that would not communicate with a rx.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Years ago K&B made a 60 Twister with a tuned pipe. Gold in color, one piece head and cylinder. Another guy told he had the engine and pipe didn't have a use for it, he said he wanted $30. Not anything close to a regular K&B, likes lots of that slimy spendy fuel tho.

I've ran a K&B ducted fan with a square/over square CF prop. Wow! Stay away from the prop.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
K&B made some screaming stuff back in the day. The 3.5, 6.5 and 7.5 rear exhaust engines and the 72 and the 82 KBV engines were awesome.

When I first started flying I used to help an old guy at our field that flew pylon when he was testing engines and props. I would hold it while he started it and tuned it, then carry it to the runway and let it go when he gave me the nod. The whole time the K&B 7.5 with a loud pipe was screaming it's butt off. He ran the local hobby shop. It was one of those old time places that was small, messy, and packed with everything you needed. Before RC he flew control line speed and had a class record for quite a long time. He could make anything fast.